Menu

OK guys, help me refine a Modern Era reading list for a 6th grader

I found it while searching for lists of movies, topics, and books for my dd#1 this year. I admit that I'm at the point where I am trying to *cut out* books because I have so many. But I love lists to choose from - to see what my kid would like, what would stretch her, and help her to understand the history better - in an age-appropriate way. This thread has all of that & more. I said this to myself:

How have I passed this thread by? 

And since this person said she would need it in a year, I figured I'd bump it for the rest of us too. 

I'll be looking for this thread again next summer, when I have a rising-6th grader about to do Modern history.  I'm so excited for all these suggestions!  Could you put up or link to what you finally decide on?

Thanks again, Rose!  :001_tt1:

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

How in the world did I miss this thread? Thank you!

Please post your SOTW 2 and 3 details too!

Well, this thread is over 4 years old... ;)

Also, at the risk of sounding stalker-ish ;), as I recall, Chrysalis Academy did not follow a strict chronological history progression, so she may not have lists to go with SOTW 2 and 3 -- her middle school progression:

6th = Modern/20th century

7th = books to go with the Big History Project

8th =  "8th grade book list - History of Science/Science Fiction"

9th = theater/drama + Ancients

I think in 7th grade, for literature, they focused on Fantasy : "Favorite children's fantasy books - classic and contemporary".

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...