Menu

Anyone used Confessions of a Homeschooler K4 material?

I am finding the print on the lesson plans very small. Is there a way to change the font on a pdf file?

Also, if you have used the K4 materials, did you just print every document she had in the zip files? The lesson plans jump around alot, I am having trouble knowing how many pages within each file to print.

I'm not sure what you're asking...I have the K4 curriculum & it's 23 different PDFs. Some are more useful than others & some aren't really useful at all, IMO.

Oh! I think I see...you're speaking only of the lesson plans. I didn't use them. I only used K4 as a supplement. Again, IMO, it's too repetitive to use as a stand alone.

I didn't know she had lesson plans for those! I just view them as fun supplements and print whatever we're interested in.

Eta: I don't know of a way to change the font, but you should be able to print at a different scale in the newest adobe reader, you can put in the percentage you want to scale to.

I did print off the lesson plans, but find that I don't need them printed. When I sit down to plan for my kids each week, I glance through the PDF version of the lesson plan we are studying to see if their are any good ideas. I am not so great at coming up with hands-on ideas for my kids, and some of the hyperlinks in the lesson plans lead to great ideas. Especially with her Letter of the Week curriculum. I also glance through the plan to see what things would interest my son,and print those off. I am taking the time to laminate some of the pages, as ds is not my youngest, and I want to save myself the work of doing some of these things again with another child. The printed or laminated pages we haven't consumed go in a binder for that letter at the end of the lesson. We are using K4 and Letter of the Week by Confessions of a Homeschooler as a supplement for other things we are doing. Hope this helps!