Menu

My husband was right, and now I'm nervous

AlmiraGulch

With our 4th of July festivities rained out, my husband decided to go to work today.

A few minutes ago he called to tell me he'd had 911 on his phone with his finger on the call button, ready to dial.  He sells pianos, and he's in the store with one other person.  A group of 5 or 6 young men came into the store, wouldn't speak to anyone, spread out and walked the whole place (it's quite large, with several rooms), clearly not interested in buying a piano.  He said they seemed way out of place and the way they were acting raised major red flags.  

Honestly, I was a bit annoyed.  I asked him how they were acting that was threatening?  He couldn't say specifically, but that it was just "off".  Something wasn't "right" he said.  I basically accused him of being an old man, and why didn't he just yell out "hey you kids!  Get off my lawn!"  I was trying to joke, but he was really nervous.  

Anyway, he just called me back. While the one group was inside, another was outside stealing my husband's co-worker's car.  Thankfully my husband parked out back today, and also he doesn't have a Mercedes (which is what was stolen).  They know that's what  happened because they have video cameras inside and outside of the store and they reviewed the tapes.

Everyone is ok, but if my husband hadn't decided to go into work today the other guy, who isn't young (pushing 70) would have been alone.  Also, there are many times when he's the one there alone.  He was there for more than an hour by himself this morning.  

I'm just glad my husband trusted his instincts.  He knew something was off and I'm sure his demeanor reflected that.   Still, I'm definitely going to be nervous for a while at least when he heads into work, and I know he's there alone.

Glad he is OK.

Maybe the business should get one of those buttons under the counter

that calls the police?  That way you can call them without the bad people

knowing that you called them.

Yes, call 911 when in doubt.  I am glad all they did was steal a car.

Or maybe hire a guard?  But that is probably too much money.  They can

be very expensive.

I wonder if that group taergted yesterday knowing that a lot of city and local law enforcement were on call because of the p'tree road race? Maybe they thought that even if there was a call, response mught be slower than normal?

Also, so sorry to hear about what happened and am glad they were at least there together. Definitely can understand your anxiety for your dh...