Menu

S.O modesty thread.

47 members have voted

1. 1. Does your DH find bare sholders attractive?

• yes
    • no
    • not game to ask
    • none of your buisness what turns on my DH
    • other
    • look a flying pig

My DH says that shoulders alone are not a turn on. What might do it though is what kind of shirt the woman is wearing that shows her shoulders. Some shirts accentuate the chest area and sleeveless tops can mean little fabric. That's why I don't wear tank tops. I just find them way too revealing for my body shape.

I didn't know how to vote. He does find my shoulders attractive as well as my hair, face, eyes, legs, etc. (yes, my dh has the husband goggles :) ) But bare shoulders would in no way make him notice another woman or be considered a turn on for him.

I think maybe attractive is the wrong word. I would think the reason a woman would cover her shoulders is if she thought it might lead a man to stumble into lustful sexual thoughts. This is what you mean, correct? Why else would a woman feel a need to cover her shoulders and save them only for her husband?

Based on that, I agree with TracyP above. Shoulders might be attractive but like many other aspects of a woman. My dh wouldn't even notice a woman based solely on her shoulders let alone it be a turn on for him. We even discussed while we were walking last night, and he still shakes his head in disbelief. And he is not some naive man.

Dh says no. He's too busy to be focused on what other women are wearing all the time and generally doesn't notice. He's perplexed by the idea that everyone walks around so hyper focused and staring at everyone else with nothing to think about that they evaluate what's showing on other people. He says it would take something pretty bizarrely out of place to get him to startle enough to notice such as walking into a meeting full of "suits" (as he puts it) and greeting a guy who is wearing a speedo or woman in a bikini. Even then his first thought would not be, "Look, private parts!", but, "Sheesh. Put a suit on for crying out loud! This.is.a.business.meeting."

Of course, this is Mr. "I'd be turned on if my wife wore a United Nuclear T-Shirt to bed!" (His favorite being - "There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of explosives.") So, you have to understand that the whole world is nothing more than atoms, molecules, ions, gasses, solids, liquids, elements, compounds, mixtures, and solutions............. He gets all zippidy do dah over a discussion with me of thermodynamics or last night's impromptu "how to calculate velocity and plot on a graph algebraicly in order to make that little robot your programming in visual basic move from point a to point b in x amount of time"...who knew helping a teen plot some slopes would make him get all happy, happy!

Therefore, it's possible for the purposes of this discussion, that dh is not a "normal" man!

We just aren't "regular people" here.

Faith

Ok, asked my dh.

Answer: "It can be attractive depending on who it is. Madeleine Albright, no. Definitely no."

When I explained that some people find shoulders erotic, he answered "No, and neither are feet."

Okay then.

Well - attractive is one thing. He thinks some of my sleeveless dresses look very "attractive" but that doesn't mean the shoulders are a turn-on or something. By themselves - no - not attractive in a way that constitutes any kind of, well, excitement. I guess different men can find any number of different things a "turn-on". I've heard that for some men it's ankles or even necks. So - good luck keeping all of that covered without a full hijab.

Yes, my dh very much likes my bare shoulders. Which is why I only have bare shoulders when I'm at home. I don't wear sleeveless tops out of the house without something underneath or over top.

It's something about looking "undressed" I think, to some men, to see bare shoulders.

All the same, I don't/didn't/haven't/won't make a rule that bare shoulders = immodest.