Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ereks mom

SOS software -- can anyone answer a few questions for me?

I recently received a box containing 3 sets of SOS CDs; all are the 2009 version. Each set is in a cardboard "folder"/package containing a Quick Start Guide & 2 discs: 1) an installation disc and 2) a program disc in a paper CD sleeve. The

• installation disc + program disc for English II
  • installation disc + program disc for High School Health
  • installation disc + program disc for Spanish I

I don't know if any of the CDs have ever been used. Both of the serial number stickers inside each folder are still intact. Two of the packages contain a handwritten note with a 16-character registration code.

My questions:

First, am I going to be able to actually use any of these programs??? Can they even be used more than once, or by a different user?

If so, will I need to buy anything else to make them work?

Will I need to use each of the 3 installation discs? Or would I use only one of them to install the basic 2009 program and then install the individual courses from the curriculum discs?

Assuming any one installation disc will work to install the basic program, could I then install other 2009 SOS curriculum discs--for instance if I got, say, a 2009 math curriculum disc?

And finally, I assume that I could not use newer (2010, 2011, etc.) SOS courses with the 2009 basic program, but would I be able to use older (2008, 2007) SOS courses?

Thanks in advance for any help!

You only need one installation disk. Not sure about the other questions.

You only need one installation disc and then yo can install as many subjects/courses after you install the basic SOS program. If you use a 2009 installation SOS program you can use any courses from 2009 or older. If you later purchase, say a 2013 course, it will come with its own 2013 installation SOS program and all your old courses should still work once upgraded.

Unfortunately, I don't remember for sure about the registration codes, but I think they can only be used once. Just try them and see :). When we pulled my oldest out of school suddenly in the middle of the year (5 years ago) we used SOS and then as I learned of different curriculum I replaced it. Last year she only used it for Bible and HS health. This year I think she is just going to use it for a basic computer elective course, possibly Bible.