Menu

Do you celebrate wedding anniversaries?

Jean in Newcastle

Wedding Anniversary Celebrations  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Do you celebrate your own wedding anniversaries?

• Yes
    • No
    • Occasionally if I remember
    • Only the "special" ones
  2. 2. How do you celebrate your wedding anniversary?

• Private celebration only that I'm not going to talk about (wink, wink)
    • Special dinner either out or in
    • Special event (movie, show, etc.)
    • Party with guests
    • Special trip (cruise, resort etc.)
    • Other celebration
    • I already told you that I don't celebrate it so stop bugging me already

I *consistently* forget our anniversary. I mean, it was so bad (with both of us) that I actually had to call my MIL and see if she had an invitation (because we didn't!!!) that had the date on it. And then I had to call my card sending cousin to see if she had it on her calendar.

Now card sending cousin sends us a card to remind us every year.

And we finally remember the date, but we still never remember that it's our anniversary. Sept 10th.

I also always forget my birthday.

We celebrate our anniversaries. We usually go out to dinner by ourselves (a rare treat that was always enforced by my mom when she was alive. She insisted on taking the kids to make sure we got out by ourselves.) Sometimes, we try to do something fun and different. For our 10 year anniversary, we wanted to go out of town for a weekend, but we had a nursling. So, we tried rock climbing instead. It was fun (and the beginning of my love affair with the sport.) Our 20 year anniversary was a bust because it was fair week for my kids and we were fostering our dog. I think we made it out to dinner 2 weeks later. I am hoping that this year, we will be able to get away for a show and a night away.

We are kind of every fifth year, we take a big trip. We did that for our 10th, 20th and 25th. All three of those were with kids, which we didn't mind. OUr next one, 30th, will be in a few years when our youngest is out of the house. Otherwise, we usually go out to a nice dinner. Our trips were 10th was a week long cruise in the Caribbean, our first. 20th was a Mediterranean cruise for a week combined with a vacation through Eastern Europe. 25th was a Northern Rockies trip with stops at National Parks in US and Canada and also a visit to Calgary.