Menu

If you dress for Tea time..

Moxie

I USED to go to VS, but last time I tried that, they didn't have anything interesting. They just had bra and panty sets that were all bedazzled. Ummmm . . . No. I don't know what happened to their fun stuff. I did some shopping at a Slumber Party, but ou need some CRAZY friends to go that route.

I know I'm no help, but I'm very interested in ow this thread turns out :-)

I thought this was about dressing up nicely for actual tea, in regards to the recent threads about have a tea and poetry time with your kids. I was VERY confused, lol.

Lol. Me too!! I was thinking "I already have to bake for poetry tea and now I need to get dressed up too?" Then I realized the OP meant TeA. Of the non-poetry variety.

I've never bought a tea time dress *blushing now* but I am thinking something like this might be helpful since I'm not loving my body these days. I'm between a size 12 and 14 and seriously hate my stomach (which sadly affects tea time). Any suggestions for a newbie in this area???

(Can't believe I'm posting about this!!! Serious blushing now!)

One of the biggest fights in our marriage happened over teA time attire! I thought dh might like me to get a few items and I asked what he'd like. He just said, "Nah, you don't need to buy anything."

I was hurt and mad. And this is *exactly* the reason I said on the marriage advice thread that communication is the most important part of a good relationship. I took his answer to mean he wasn't interested in seeing me dressed in something like that because he wasn't interested in ME. He meant he just didn't want me dressed in *anything* ! We managed to work it out ;) .

I've never bought a tea time dress *blushing now* but I am thinking something like this might be helpful since I'm not loving my body these days. I'm between a size 12 and 14 and seriously hate my stomach (which sadly affects tea time). Any suggestions for a newbie in this area???

Babydolls are the way to go! They are usually cheap, easy to find (WM or Target--hide it under the groceries and the kids will never know!), and easy to fit. There is a reason I own 15!

I think this looks flattering, and would cover the tummy (which I'm also not happy about..mine not yours, lol!). And the top part "unties" for access to the bOOks ......I'm going to buy it for myself when I hit my first 10lbs lost. (I am at 7 right now).http://www.hipsandcurves.com/plus-size-lingerie/p-11155-plus-size-halter-babydoll-with-tie-cups-lingerie.aspx

DH doesn't care, but I'm a big fan. I have wrinkly belly skin from my pregnancies, despite being a normal weight and fairly toned otherwise. DH insists it doesn't bother him, but I feel much, much better with cute stuff on.

I have some VS items, and then I live near a Vanity Fair outlet and often find cute nighties there that are sexy but not to the point I'd be embarrassed for my kids to see them. The items from the VF outlet are often around $10 and are as cute as similar items I have from VS at 5-6x the price.

This is an awesome thread. I do dress on occasion. James Bond likes my cheerleader outfit and my Catholic school girl outfit (and no, it's not the one I actually wore to school). His favorites though are vintage pinup girl outfit (it looks like what Rita Hayworth wore in her famous photo) and my fishnet body stocking (yes, it's crotchless <- I can't believe I just typed that). I'm thinking I need something new though.

Oh, it's not the highest of quality, but Adameve.com has some fun stuff and some lovely toys to go along with them.

I must be a total prude, as I just can't imagine wearing any of these things. But I am intrigued!!! We definitely need to spice things up, but I'm just not sure if I pull it off (or even how to!).

ETA: and please know that I'm not being judgey here. I don't enjoy being a prude and really wish I knew how to stop!

I must be a total prude, as I just can't imagine wearing any of these things. But I am intrigued!!! We definitely need to spice things up, but I'm just not sure if I pull it off (or even how to!).

ETA: and please know that I'm not being judgey here. I don't enjoy being a prude and really wish I knew how to stop!

Just find something that will make you feel attractive, have a glass of wine and go for it! Dressing up is one of the best parts of being a girl! Keep a sense of humor and have fun! Think of it like the beautiful wrapping paper on a gift..it makes the gift that much better!

Random thoughts:

I just think of how I would act if I looked like a Baywatch babe and do it.

I also take naps so that I actually stay awake 5 minutes after I hit the pillow.

Candlelight is flattering, as are those touch lamps that work on dimmers.

Rather than look at the trashy site (which I found quite fun, but I have evolved from my previously prudish ways. No more flannel pjs for me!) You may want to walk around in a nice department store like Macys or Dillards and find something long and silky.

Lock your bedroom door and run a loud box fan. Being able to relax is huge and knowing that no little people will wander in is comforting.

By the way...men are really funny about their wives. Mine is determined that I (despite having 4 kids, 15 lbs that won't go away, multiple gray hairs and getting close to age 34) look exactly like I did when I was 17. He loves it when I am confident and assertive in the bedroom and miraculously...I guess he doesn't see the stretch marks and flab. (Probably helps that he takes his contact lenses out at bedtime, :) )

Start with something you feel comfortable in, even if it's just a pretty, silky floor length nightie. Buy one piece at a time until you have a drawer full :) ask your dh to look with you or to point out what he likes.

Good idea! Shop together online--fun!!

Try a men's button down that is barely buttoned, and maybe knee socks or a pair of heels. Not too dirty, but effective!

But, you don't have to pull it off. That's part of the fun. Sorry, couldn't resist.:)

Great ideas! Thanks ladies.

One more question...I'm trying to figure out exactly how to do this lingerie thing. Do I just put it on and come prancing in the room in front of dh? Do I surprise him? Obviously, being a prude and all, I think I might be so embarrassed that I don't know if I could handle it! :blushing:

You send him a text around 12 telling him you bought something for him. Then, around 2, you take a close-up photo of the strap or a bit of lace and send him that. Then, work together to get the kids to bed early. You go to the room and tell him to come in in 20 minutes. Then you surprise him!

You send him a text around 12 telling him you bought something for him. Then, around 2, you take a close-up photo of the strap or a bit of lace and send him that. Then, work together to get the kids to bed early. You go to the room and tell him to come in in 20 minutes. Then you surprise him!

Have a glass of wine, or a beer, or a pina colada or whatever, then when you know it is a good time, put it on and surprise him. I PROMISE he won't be upset.

You guys are awesome! Thanks! :)

I thought this was about dressing up nicely for actual tea, in regards to the recent threads about have a tea and poetry time with your kids. I was VERY confused, lol.

You are not alone. On top of that, when I was reading the OP and baby dolls were mentioned, I thought she wanted to dress up toy dolls for having a tea party. I was way off. :lol: Finally I realized what was going on. :hat:

Usually, I shave my legs and call it good. Probably time to up my game, lol.

I'm a 14. I have an extensive collection. A girl likes to look pretty, ya know. I have found that 2 piece sets, babydolls and chemises are flattering. Teddies and one piece type things are harder to get a good fit.

I read this as "I'm 14" at first :lol: :lol:

I must be a total prude, as I just can't imagine wearing any of these things.
I'm right there with you. Even IF I wanted to dress up for teA, it wouldn't matter as the lights are out - totally, completely OUT - and if there's even a hint of moonlight there's a blanket hung over the window. So no use dressing any more than I do: comfy t-shirt that stays ON and a bra (that also stays on). Hey, that's the only way any teA consumption is happening around here, lol. I would about die if I wore something that showed any part of me.

I'm right there with you. Even IF I wanted to dress up for teA, it wouldn't matter as the lights are out - totally, completely OUT - and if there's even a hint of moonlight there's a blanket hung over the window. So no use dressing any more than I do: comfy t-shirt that stays ON and a bra (that also stays on). Hey, that's the only way any teA consumption is happening around here, lol. I would about die if I wore something that showed any part of me.

I think there is a pretty typical and quite normal in between clothed in utter darkness and full on costume.

Even just a pretty lacey tank top, or new pair of panties can be a good start, and a candle lit across the room. I know not everyone enjoys nookie at the same level, but it can certainly be a very fun activity that brings a couple closer on many levels.

I'm a 14. I have an extensive collection. A girl likes to look pretty, ya know. I have found that 2 piece sets, babydolls and chemises are flattering. Teddies and one piece type things are harder to get a good fit.

And one piece things generally need to be removed so if you're wearing them for tummy coverage that won't work out. I like to buy things that can be left on. :blushing: I don't have any costumes but earlier this year I threw out all my granny panties and frumpy pajamas. Usually sleep in a chemise now and may wear something more racy if I know TeA is on the menu. :blushing: I've enjoyed the change. :)

By the way...men are really funny about their wives. Mine is determined that I (despite having 4 kids, 15 lbs that won't go away, multiple gray hairs and getting close to age 34) look exactly like I did when I was 17. He loves it when I am confident and assertive in the bedroom and miraculously...I guess he doesn't see the stretch marks and flab. (Probably helps that he takes his contact lenses out at bedtime, :) )

That's known as wife goggles, I love them, lol.

It takes all kinds. Like many men and women, my husband and I both enjoy an increased response and pleasure level from visual cues and feedback. For me, sex in the pitch black with a bra on would be an out and out chore. Whatever floats your boat but there is nothing wrong about couples sharing their bodies with each other.