Menu

Quick questions (regarding purchasing a home)

Element

We're leaving in about 45 minutes to do 6 walk-throughs with a realtor. I have a couple of quick questions: One of the houses has an in-ground pool. What am I looking for here as far as determining whether or not the pool is going to need $10k dumped into it as soon as we move in? Also, one of the other homes has been "flipped." (It was purchased for 61k a year ago, renovated, and is now selling for 119k. Avg. home price here is only about $120k, so this is pretty standard.) What do I need to look for as far as corner-cutting goes? Thank you!

as for the pool - how is it heated, what is the condition of the equipment, any cracks, any leaks, etc. for the flipped house - was everything done to code? examine grout lines, what kind of tile backing, any exposed wiring (our neighbors had to completely rewire the electrical panel because of exposed wire), are things plumb and square? I'd be very concerned if they opened up walls - and if they used appropriate beams (with correct support and new footings if needed) in the ceiling to support the weight, etc. unfortunately a lot of that is in the walls, and you can't see it. no mold, no asbestos