Menu

Never got above 0 today...how cold are YOU?

I am in the same boat in northern MN. If my mother calls and complains one more time that is cold in Houston when it is 32 I am going to scream!!! The wind chill as I left the house to go to ds's pinewood derby was -39. I keep telling myself negative numbers are not real, it is all in my head. Here's hoping the first winter up here is the hardest to get through for me.

Melissa

Ps I just checked and it is -9 without the windchill factor right now. Ugh! I need to just hibernate!

Our high today in north central Iowa was 2 degrees. Burr! Tomorrow is supposed to be colder....and I am putting on a skirt for church?? We are gonna freeze.

We are suppose to be at -10 tonight here in Central Iowa and high's tomorrow around 5 to 10. I haven't even been outside all day because it's to cold and we are all sick. They also cancelled schools here early yesterday and basketball for my dd today because of the cold temps and wind chill.

It's cold in Georgia too, and dh and ds are camping in tents right now(!) with the Boy Scouts.

Aargh! I 've been trying to call dh on his cell to talk him into coming home, but he must be out of range.

Someone tell me they'll be fine...I kept waking up last night worrying about them.

My wife saw snow for the first time in her life today. It ddn't accumulate, it melted as soon as it hit the ground. If you didn't look out your window when it was snowing, you wouldn't have seen it.

We live in Chengdu, China, she's from a warm part of China obviously.

Well, here the high today is suppose to be 59, right now it's about 50. It feels cold!!! We have a friend staying with us from NY who is wearing his coat inside and just asked if we had a heater in our house. Ah, yeah it's been running non-stop since last night!! It says the house is 70 but it's so dry here that it feels colder.

Melissa