Menu

Eden's Garden Essential Oils vs Young Living Oils...question...

kfeusse

Has anybody here ever contacted Eden's Garden with a question and actually received an answer (by email....not phone)?

I ask because I have emailed them with questions and received no response. On the contrary, I asked the lady selling Young Living Oils and did receive a response.

I bought some oils from Eden's garden becasue you all recommended them...and I am sure their oils are great. I also bought them because they were less expensive than Young Living.

But now I am wondering if I should have gone with Young Living just simply because the lady there is so customer friendly. But she also endorses ONLY her oils (as she should...she is selling them)...but I was wondering if her information can be transposed to the Eden's Garden oils. For example: she said she takes many of her oils internally (peppermint) was in her example...would it be just as safe and helpful to take the EG peppermint??? Or am I taking a big risk by doing such? Or she says she uses Lemon for xyz....does it have to be HER lemon...or will EG lemon do the exact same thing?? I know I can't use just any essential oils...that is why I looked to you all for advice....and went with Eden's Garden.

She has a great informational blog and since I am new to EO, I would love to learn more from her blog...but didn't know if I could use EG's oils instead of hers.

Does that all make sense??

thanks for your help.

Hmmm...I can't answer specifically about that. But, I was put off by the cost of YL oils and decided to do some research. I ended up with Star of the West Organic Pharmaceutical grade oils. One of the YL mixes I wanted was Thieves...the healing properties of that are amazing - we use it for wounds, bug bites, etc. and it saved my mom from having IV antibiotics for a venomous spider bite that wouldn't heal and was beginning to kill the flesh around it. After 28 days of powerful oral antibiotics and barely holding infection at bay, my sister started treating mom topically three times per day. Within 2 days the change was extraordinary and it was completely healed in less than a week. Her GP now stocks Thieves oil and uses it in his practice. I look it up online and while I couldn't find a receipe, I did find out what oils are in the mix just not with measurements.

So, I took a chance using the less expensive Star of the West - note these were their pharmaceutical grade, not aroma therapy or cooking oils.

4 tablespoons of Almond oil or other carrier oil

6 drops each of - cinnamon, lemon, tea tree, lavender, clove bud, myrrh, and eucalyptus (not in the original thieves but I had it here and thought, "WHY NOT?")

Shake vigorously before use. Put on with q-tip or other soft applicator. The clove bud oil helps numb the area which is good because cinnamon and lemon sting. If it's particularly ouchie, I apply clove bud oil mixed alone with almond oil first or dot a few drops onto a gauze pad and place on the wound for a few minutes before applying the homemade thieves.

By the way, if you know someone who gets dry socket from having wisdom teeth removed, clove bud oil Is.their.friend! Several of our local dentists even stock it for this reason.

I hope you get answers about Eden oils. I don't know anything about that company.

Faith

• Like 1

thank you for your response...I have not heard of Star of the West...so I will have to check them out too. I just hope I am able to figure out how to properly and safely use these oils.

If they are good oils....can I screw up and cause more damage than good??? I am nervous about that thought.

What you need to find out is if Eden's Garden oils are Therapeutic Grade. Words like "pure" "natural" "100%" etc, don't have regulations and can mean lots of stuff. Many essential oils are NOT therapeutic grade and can not be ingested. YL IS Therapeutic Grade. I do not know enough about Eden's Garden to say if it is or is not. But I do know that you should NOT use any oil internally that is not therapeutic grade.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I use YL oils for anything I plan on ingesting.  Since I love peppermint water, I buy their oil.  I use cheaper oils for other purposes - cleaning, diffusing, etc.  That said, I would not recommend NOW oils.  Ugh. I got some lemon and orange oils and they were diluted and yucky.  Not worth the cheap price. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest denimsunflower

First, essential oils should never be ingested without the direction of a health provider. This is a huge problem that YL and doTerra are causing. No certified aromatherapist would suggest ingesting EO's or using them neat.

Second, there is no such thing as "therapeutic grade" there is no organization that regulates what therapeutic grade means and there are no grades for EO's in the US. please educate yourselves.

I love Eden's Garden EO's I have been using them for a couple years now, although I do want to look into some other brands. One reason I like them is because their prices aren't jacked up like doTerra and YL, they also do not encourage internal usage, and the quality of their product doesn't hurt either.

I would also suggest Mountain Rose Herbs, Eden Botanicals and Floracopeia.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Edens Garden

In response to the above questions, we at Edens Garden would like to reply. 

All our oils are 100% pure therapeutic grade. We take very great pride in offering the highest quality essential oils available.  We have chosen to not add any bases, carriers, additives, etc to any of our oils. All USDA food/product safety guidelines are strictly followed by our suppliers.  This is very important to us and something we do not compromise one bit on.

The internal use question is one we get quite often. Because many people use essential oils for self-medication and we are not licensed aromatherapists, we have to be very careful with the freedom given people in this respect. We do not know what medications, quantities and allergies people may have. We put “for external use" on our labeling for our own liability. This is very common practice in the US and many other companies that sell therapeutic grade oils, also put this on their labeling. Essential oils are highly concentrated and have the capacity to cause serious damage if used internally without the necessary expertise required in administering it. This is supported by the International Federation of Aromatherapists that does not recommend ingestion of essential oils unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical aromatherapy.

That being said, many of our loyal customers use our oils internally since they are the highest quality available, but we leave this up to the customer.

We hope this information helped you all, please let us know if you have further questions or comments.

• 1 month later...

I am a fan of Young Living because of the high quality of their oils.  They are not only therapeutic grade, but are also organic.

I needed Turmeric essential oil, which Young Living does not make, so I purchased Eden's Garden instead.  The results of using this E.O. are dramatic. 

Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory.

I am working with a client who has Sciatica and whose right leg and foot feel like they are constantly burning.  The leg and foot are extremely sensitive to touch and to any topical treatments.  All other E.O.s (even diluted) cause severe pain.  The Eden's Garden Turmeric EO is the only topical treatment that calms down the burning sensation and soothes the leg and foot.

Young Living does not make a Turmeric EO product because they have not found a source of turmeric roots that are organic and also free of both cadmium and lead.  Therefore there is a risk factor.

I like Eden's Garden EOs. They are therapeutic grade and effective (and also reasonably priced).  Unfortunately, the ones that I have tried are not labeled as organic, so I feel that I am taking a risk using them.  In general, I pay the significantly higher Young Living price in order to be assured that the EOs are organic and free from known toxins (such as, in the case of turmeric, cadmium).

I am glad, however, that I stumbled upon Eden's Garden, and I am grateful that they manufacture Turmeric Essential Oil.

What you need to find out is if Eden's Garden oils are Therapeutic Grade. Words like "pure" "natural" "100%" etc, don't have regulations and can mean lots of stuff. Many essential oils are NOT therapeutic grade and can not be ingested. YL IS Therapeutic Grade. I do not know enough about Eden's Garden to say if it is or is not. But I do know that you should NOT use any oil internally that is not therapeutic grade.

Therapeutic grade is also not regulated and does not mean anything.

I can put "therapeutic grade" on a bottle of motor oil.

• Like 5

high prices are so true for these companies...like YL or doTerra....but I am buying from doTerra now because along with the higher prices comes customer service...and although much of that is just from moms who have had good results using oils and want to share their success with me (a brand new oil user), right now, anyway, I will be paying that higher price.  I need some hand holding and I can't seem to find that anywhere else...

• 1 year later...
Guest Anorris

Eden's garden EO's are cultivated from only Organic growers. They only have 6-7 that are certified, but they claim that no pesticides, GMO's, natural or unnatural fertilizers are used during the cultivating or distillation process.

Therapeutic grade is a made up term and doesn't mean anything.

There are ZERO "therapeutic grade" essential oils because no one is out grading essential oils by that.

• 7 months later...

Hi, I'm new to this and after reading this forum I was just wondering if anyone has tried essential oils from New directions and how do they compare to other companies?

Thanks!

Edited by Yoko

• 2 weeks later...
Guest argeryg

I am a fan of Young Living because of the high quality of their oils. They are not only therapeutic grade, but are also organic.

I needed Turmeric essential oil, which Young Living does not make, so I purchased Eden's Garden instead. The results of using this E.O. are dramatic.

Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory.

I am working with a client who has Sciatica and whose right leg and foot feel like they are constantly burning. The leg and foot are extremely sensitive to touch and to any topical treatments. All other E.O.s (even diluted) cause severe pain. The Eden's Garden Turmeric EO is the only topical treatment that calms down the burning sensation and soothes the leg and foot.

Young Living does not make a Turmeric EO product because they have not found a source of turmeric roots that are organic and also free of both cadmium and lead. Therefore there is a risk factor.

I like Eden's Garden EOs. They are therapeutic grade and effective (and also reasonably priced). Unfortunately, the ones that I have tried are not labeled as organic, so I feel that I am taking a risk using them. In general, I pay the significantly higher Young Living price in order to be assured that the EOs are organic and free from known toxins (such as, in the case of turmeric, cadmium).

I am glad, however, that I stumbled upon Eden's Garden, and I am grateful that they manufacture Turmeric Essential Oil.

I just signed up for YL. Thanks for your post. Will consider Eden for turmeric oil!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk