Menu

Facebook Question

HRAAB

Yes. It's somewhere in all the privacy settings - I know that I was able to make it so that I don't come up in searches, but if we have a mutual friend, someone can friend request me (which I can still, of course, ignore or deny, which I've done!) I also have the privacy settings set to the max, so the general public can't see any of my stuff.

Sorry I don't know exactly where you can make that setting -- HTH at least a little!

This is the why I'm still not on FB. I wouldnt even want most of my family to know I'm on there. I did sign up once and immediately got an Emil that a family member wanted to be friends. It had to have been automatic, like because I was in their Email address book. When I did sign up you didn't get to set up privacy settings right away.

I know a few people, actually almost all teens (I think their parents wanted them to not be found on fb) who don't go by their full or real names, all of the teens are listed by first and middle name, one adult has a totally made up name and a generic photo. You can't do obviously made up names or fb might boot you off, but that is one option if you want to not be found, but still be connected to family and friends on fb.

I know a few people, actually almost all teens (I think their parents wanted them to not be found on fb) who don't go by their full or real names, all of the teens are listed by first and middle name, one adult has a totally made up name and a generic photo. You can't do obviously made up names or fb might boot you off, but that is one option if you want to not be found, but still be connected to family and friends on fb.

Yep, this ^^

My name isn't exactly correct on FB. I have friends who list their first and middle names instead of first and last. One friend just has her first name but divides it by syllables to be her first, middle initial, last name. :)