Menu

Anyone else expecting a baby this fall?

CatholicMom

This would seem off-topic from homeschooling except those of us who are expecting know it is so not. lol I'm due on Sept 6... right in time for the new school year! :lol:

Anything special you're doing to prepare for homeschooling with a new baby in the house?

Are you making any curricula changes with taking care of baby in mind?

Actually, I think once they start crawling and getting into things it's much harder to homeschool around them than when they are nursing and sleeping constantly. But the newborn phase will definitely provide for interruptions for poop diapers, nursing, burping, spitting up, and putting to sleep...

I still really want to get a lot accomplished this year.

I'm using Sonlight this year for my K, 1st, 4th, and 5th graders so at least the planning is done. *Phew* We'll see how the execution goes. :laugh:

I'm expecting a Thanksgiving baby. I'm not doing much different to prepare, besides schooling through the summer to allow for extra time off when we need it. We have a good routine going now and I'm sure that will go out the window, so I'm not really looking forward to that. I'm sure we'll muddle through somehow. I only have a 1st grader though, so not too much going on.

I am expecting at the end of September. Trying to get our school year started early so I can have a couple of weeks off at that point, but I am not expecting that a newborn will be much of a distraction, since my 9 year old should be able to do a lot independently. Dealing with my 4 year old during school, and getting it done with him will be another story!

Thanksgiving baby here! Plus renovating and selling our house, and then moving overseas in the spring. Joyness. I am starting the new year in about a month and hoping to get half-way through before the baby comes so I won't feel so guilty when everything gets put on the back burner until April.