Menu

Ummm....uhh......no.

AlmiraGulch

Guest inoubliable

Well.... I could see the value in having a snake this intelligent when certain people come ringing the doorbell to "chat".

Stupid to keep a snake like that in a home. Stupider to let young children play around it.

And I am not afraid of snakes .

The "good job" at the end sounds like maybe she trained it. :001_huh:

Oh, I agree. It's entirely too large for a home. A tragedy waiting to happen. I'm not afraid of snakes, either, but this? Craziness!

And how do you train a snake?

Stupid to keep a snake like that in a home. Stupider to let young children play around it.

And I am not afraid of snakes .

The "good job" at the end sounds like maybe she trained it. :001_huh:

Oh, I agree. It's entirely too large for a home. A tragedy waiting to happen. I'm not afraid of snakes, either, but this? Craziness!

Well, they can be conditioned (ie if x happens before they get fed, they will move into feeding position when x happens) . If a critter wants a reward such as food, I think it has the potential to be trained in some way. I wouldn't have thought one could train a snake to open a door, but the "good job" at the end did make me wonder. Why would she say it otherwise?

The woman rushing to cover the snake's eyes as it began to move toward the children was totally creepy. I cannot imagine allowing little children who *could* be seen as prey to be in the room with the thing. To pet it while it was contained in some way, okay. To run around in a room in conditions in which they could trigger its prey drive. No. Just no. Adults were present and nothing happened, but it creeps me out.

The woman rushing to cover the snake's eyes as it began to move toward the children was totally creepy. I cannot imagine allowing little children who *could* be seen as prey to be in the room with the thing. To pet it while it was contained in some way, okay. To run around in a room in conditions in which they could trigger its prey drive. No. Just no. Adults were present and nothing happened, but it creeps me out.

I know! Seriously, someone is getting eaten. I know I'm sort of making light of it, but not really. I mean that something bad is going to happen. That's just how snakes work.

You shouldn't leave a large snake alone with children, just like a large dog.

I doubt the children are in danger as long as they don;t leave it unsupervised--

just like some dog breeds. I have some lovely mutts that are adorable when I'm watching

but I wouldn"t leave them alone with toddlers in the room. They have never hurt anyone but I would never leave them in a room alone with a baby, because they are just animals.

I wonder what they feed it? It's probably not rats...

The baby playing with the snake is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Reptiles are known to harbor salmonella. The baby is touching it, and will eventually put his hands in his mouth. Not to mention the snake could hurt or kill him.

I'm part of several reptile groups so I've seen this video more than a few times. I believe it was actually from about 3 yrs. ago. Honestly, I thought the snake opening the door was just awesome. I mean, that kind of intelligence and skill is pretty dog-gone cool and I'm not even a fan of snakes. When they showed the clip of Julius whipping her head toward the kid though, I cringed. Then, I decided that I wanted to see the full video that this clip came from. Once I saw that I truly couldn't blame the snake one. little. bit. The kids were running around, screaming, and being utterly obnoxious and the adults in the room were allowing it. Had something happened to one of those kids (in the full video there are several children, not just one) it would have been 100% the adult's fault, not the snake.

Allowing their reptiles time out of the cage for exercise, even out in the yard, is pretty common practice amongst herp owners so I'm not at all surprised to see Julius padding around the house. She does keep her well under lock and key in her own bedroom when no one is around though. Some of the other videos of the baby crawling all over Julius just seem silly and careless though.