Menu

Now I understand those who hate FB!

Cricket

Someone took it upon himself to respond on an unkind and hurtful way to something one of my relatives posted. This person was using my iPad at the time so, of course, the post looks like it came from me. Of course, the relative immediately unfriended me and I'm sure many others saw it and thinks I said that. I sent a message to the receiver of the post and apologized and explained. But the more I think about it, the more my stomach hurts because who else saw it and thinks I'm some self-righteous jerk. Do I post a general apology in my own status or just ignore it now? I just want to cry!

The receiver must have deleted the comment because when I found out, I went to delete it and it was gone. I don't know exactly what was said. (I think knowing might make me feel worse.) What you say is true about people who think I'd actually say something like that.

I would be furious if someone posted something under my account. Furious. If I were you, I would post an apology and state that someone had taken my iPad and posted as me without my permission. I'm sure most people would be understanding. (Not that you owe anyone an apology, that's just what I would do in that situation.)

I'd post a general status update about someone else posting recently under your name (not an apology) and ask friends-of-friends to help you restore your good reputation. You don't even know what it was -- but wow, it must have been bad, etc.

It wouldn't occur to me that someone else was posting on a person's Facebook account. I guess it could now, maybe, but it would drive me crazy if I had to wonder, so I'll probably continue assuming it's the actual person unless informed otherwise. Using someone else's FB account to post something rude is WAY over the top!

I found out what was posted and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I actually agree with what was posted but I would never have said it to that particular person because of her circumstances and I can see how it would be hurtful to her. You don't always have to blurt out the harsh truth, you know? The person who posted under my account was offended by her post (and I understand why) but now figures he should have just kept his "mouth" shut. (And this person is fairly close to home, if you know what I mean! I was trying to avoid breaking a board rule *ahem*). I work on avoiding drama like this on FB but it found me anyway! Lol