Menu

FIAR vs Sonlight Core A

I think maybe you meant to post this in either the preK-K or the K-8 forum. ;)

FWIW, I like FIAR. I have saved my B4FIAR guide and books to use with my grandchildren. Just use the SL core A booklist for extra read-alouds.

HTH-

Mandy

Some of our best homeschool years were with Five in a Row. I say go for it! We also used SL books for read-alouds. It's the best of both worlds.

I am doing FIAR next year with my kids who are also K and 1st. We also did it last year for PK and K. It is wonderful. We adore it!! My best friend is using SL core A with her same aged kids, and I much prefer what we're doing. But she prefers what she's doing. Really, it's a personal decision based on personality of you and your kids, but no reason to change if you're loving it! FIAR is certainly "enough", combined with the 3Rs for K and 1st!

I blog some about FIAR, if you're curious. Link in my sig.

We are doing FIAR over the Summer to lighten things up....and we are just loving it. I am seriously thinking of veering from my fall plans of Sonlight Core A and sticking with FIAR What are your thought on the two. My kids will be K and 1st.

Well, if you are loving it, I'd stick with. Save SL for later.