Menu

question about ordering Smarr Lit

I would like to order Smarr Lit, Intro to Lit for my incoming 9th grader. It seems that Rainbow Resource is the cheapest. It says "online" access. So if I order this, where does it take me? Is everything on their website to print out? Is there a lot of pages to print out?

I used Smarr 5 years ago, but I think I ordered it directly from Smarr. If I remember correctly, I had a couple options: order a print copy or get a download. I ordered the print copy. I purchased Medieval Lit and I forget how many pages it was, but just to give you a rough idea of the total size, it came with two 1.5 inch binders (one for the student manual and one for the TM.)

I just checked out Smarr's website (www.smarrpublishers.com) to see how they do it now, and found it's all explained right there on the home page. Apparently they don't ship print copies anymore; it's all online. Looks like what you would get (whether you order through Rainbow or Smarr) is a password to access all the Intro to Lit materials on Smarr's site, and then you can look at them there, as well as download or print whatever you wish (and you probably would not need to print ALL of it.)

I've ordered "online" stuff through other vendors as well, and that's how it worked. For example, I once ordered a Thinkwell online course through a homeschool vendor, and what got shipped to me was a box labelled Thinkwell xxxx with an access code for the course printed inside, which we then used to access the course on Thinkwell's site. It worked the same as if I'd ordered through Thinkwell and gotten the access code from them via email.

Hope this helps!

ETA: Oh, and I'm sure Rainbow Resource would provide you with instructions on how to use the password to access the course materials.

I am planning on using Smarr this fall also for my 9th grader. I went directly to the Smarr site and paid online for the course i wanted, was given a password, and was then able to access the courses. I printed everything and put it in a 3-ring binder. I prefer a "hard-copy" because we live in a very rural area and frequently we have trouble with the Internet.

Ok, thanks so much! I was told by the author of Smarr that when you paid, you would get the password and would be enrolled in the course. I took that as not being able to do it independently. That it was an actual "course" with them grading. I didn't want to do that. And RR was cheaper, I just wasn't sure how it worked. Thanks so much!