Menu

Sonic has peanut butter and BACON shakes!!

Moxie

I'm really hoping you mean peanut butter shakes and also bacon shakes. Because bacon sounds bad enough without the additional insult of PB, lol

Nope, it's a combo.

Peanut Butter & Bacon Shake

Real Ice Cream mixed with rich peanut butter and real bacon into a thick and creamy shake, finished with whipped topping and a cherry.

8982371158_1132da493d.jpg

Here's a review of the shake (lol):

Overview

Sonic’s Peanut Butter and Bacon Shake is a strange but delicious creation that attempts to keep the love for bacon alive. The shake mostly tasted like peanut butter, but occasionally traces of bacon flavor would seep through. The result is a sweet and mildly salty shake with tiny bits of bacon to chew through. I probably wouldn’t order this particular shake again, but I am happy that I tried it.

The Score

Taste: 7.5/10

Presentation: 6/10

Pros: Strong peanut butter flavor, bacon adds a slight saltiness

Cons: Chewing bacon fragments was weird, very, very bad for you

More at this link: http://www.manreview...nd-bacon-shake/

Peanut Butter and Chocolate shake I would be all over, but I don't even like bacon plain, I certainly don't want it in a shake......I am not really understanding the bacon craze right now though, so you can just ignore me.

Peanut Butter and Chocolate shake I would be all over, but I don't even like bacon plain, I certainly don't want it in a shake......I am not really understanding the bacon craze right now though, so you can just ignore me.

They have one of those as well. I have tried it. It is pretty good.

Janet

This bacon in everything trend is pretty tired. It's been cycling in and out for a decade. I know because when I was pregnant with my (10 years old this month) son, my husband and I were making fun of the baconfest at a local restaurant that just tries too hard to be trendy and the absurd bacon food combos advertised. It was like after the low fat, vegetarian trend of the 1990s, it was suddenly hip to be into the ultimate example of meat, fat and decadence. Sonic is just very late to the bacon-as-pairing-for-any-random-food-product party.

We tried one of those bacon chocolate bars that were popular a few months back. It just tasted like a candy bar with bits of bacon in it. :huh: Not something I'd eat again.

Ok I gotta say it ...what the heck is wrong with you Americans. LOL.

In Australia you get a choice of vanilla, chocolate ,strawberry or caramel.... And our peanut butter only comes in a jar.

That sounds likes heart attack waiting to happen.

Bacon and ice cream .... So gross. LOL

I'll just stick with our kangaroo meat and witchety grubs ;)

What makes this all humorous to me is that Americans are all about diets, exercise, getting into shape, getting kids off the couch, all the "healthy living" campaigns, yada, yada, yada...yet lately everyone is adding BACON to everything!! Denny's is running a bacon promotion, the fast food restaurants have a massive bacon movement going, now Sonic is adding it to an already unhealthy item like a milkshake!!

Oh my goodness. :ack2:

Ok I gotta say it ...what the heck is wrong with you Americans. LOL.

In Australia you get a choice of vanilla, chocolate ,strawberry or caramel.... And our peanut butter only comes in a jar.

That sounds likes heart attack waiting to happen.

Bacon and ice cream .... So gross. LOL

I'll just stick with our kangaroo meat and witchety grubs ;)

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner here!!!!! (see my post above!!)

Me too. Although you would be surprised what tastes good as an ice cream flavor. When I was in culinary school we often experimented with unusual items in ice cream. Corn ice cream was tasty!

We have an old-fashioned Italian-owned ice cream company in my neighborhood. Sweet Corn is one of their flavors and they aren't one of those hip-weird-flavor places. I've never tried it but now you have me interested.

Still no plans to hit Sonic, though.

Wasn't peanut butter and bacon Elvis' favorite food that his "Mamma" used to make for him? My sons saw a lady on a tv baking contest show make a chocolate-peanut-butter-bacon pie and they thought it sounded really good but they wont be getting it from me, unfortunately! BTW, She won that round of the contest! She's from a small SC town close to me.....maybe a southern-based flavor combo?

What makes this all humorous to me is that Americans are all about diets, exercise, getting into shape, getting kids off the couch, all the "healthy living" campaigns, yada, yada, yada...yet lately everyone is adding BACON to everything!! Denny's is running a bacon promotion, the fast food restaurants have a massive bacon movement going, now Sonic is adding it to an already unhealthy item like a milkshake!!

Oh my goodness. :ack2:

They restaurant industry has never really pushed the diet craze. Those that are dieting should have enough common sense to not go to Sonic for a milkshake whether it has bacon or not. I tend to avoid the restaurant scene all together for that reason. However, an occasional treat should be okay even if one is regularly watching their calorie intake, right?

as much as I love bacon, drinking bacon sounds wrong. A peanut butter shake sounds good though.

This. The peanut butter shakes are awesome. They also have (had?) peanut butter fudge shakes that are (were?) awesome. I love, love, love bacon. That said, someone would have to pay me serious money to try that shake. It sounds horrid to me. My stomach clenched at the photo when I saw bacon chunks floating in the shake, and that doesn't happen too often. Ugh.

For those of you who have had it and liked it, cool. Sonic better leave my regular PB shake alone, though!