Menu

Our Home Study is done! It goes to our agency and then off to China!!!!

violamama

Just had to shout it out. It's the equivalent of an ultrasound pic, right?!

We've been filling out papers, getting checked out and sending things off to various government offices for months and months. The clearances are all back, the papers are notarized AND certified (didn't even know there was a difference!). The social worker met us, met our kids, spent part of a day at our house, and wrote up a big long report (the "home study") which just needs a few more stamps to be done done.

So... yay! Phase one of waiting forever and a day is complete. Next part: waiting for a match. Next next part: waiting to travel.

Prayers, good vibes, well wishes would be very gratefully accepted as the whole shebang gets looked over and passed along to the next steps on the ladder. Thanks! And happy Wednesday to everybody!

Thanks! This is our third run at adoption so it's over 6 years of paperwork... nothing weird really has happened and we're eligible and all that, it is just the way things went. So I have to say, through 6 years of prayer now, that I agree: Our daughter is in China. I am starting to actually get excited again.

Congrats! We are on the same adventure and pretty close to the same part of the process (just waiting on immigration approval right now so we can get everything certified/authenticated). Can't wait to finally send this paperwork off to China!

Congrats! We are on the same adventure and pretty close to the same part of the process (just waiting on immigration approval right now so we can get everything certified/authenticated). Can't wait to finally send this paperwork off to China!

Neat! You can email me at hotmail if you ever want to share papercuts or joyful news. Wouldn't it be wild if we traveled at the same time? It's miriamenglish .

Congratulations! This is for a SN adoption, right? Has your agency given you an estimated time until you're matched? When we were waiting for our youngest (both our daughters are from China, youngest is SN), our agency told us about 12-18 months to be matched and we were surprised to be matched in only six months! Hopefully your match comes even sooner!

Congratulations! This is for a SN adoption, right? Has your agency given you an estimated time until you're matched? When we were waiting for our youngest (both our daughters are from China, youngest is SN), our agency told us about 12-18 months to be matched and we were surprised to be matched in only six months! Hopefully your match comes even sooner!

That's awesome- neat to hear about your kiddos.

Yep, it's the China Child of Promise program, though it's quite mild in terms of SN. We've been told something like 2-3 weeks for USCIS i800 approval, then dossier to China and maybe a couple of months before we're offered a match, then 6-10 months to travel. So, it could be as long as 10 months to a year before we're actually on an airplane. It's really hard to wait and wait, but we're at least almost done with all our tasks and are on to pure unadulterated waiting.

I secretly hope it comes sooner, too! It's especially hard for my boys to wait...