Menu

I'm in the middle of the Tropical Storm....and I still have power!

I was just checking in to see how everyone was on the coast and in Texas. The wind is very strong here, and it's kinda scary! We lost our gazebo on our patio, and the wind just picked up our wooden rocking chair and tossed it. I hope everyone is ok...and with power! Keep praying for us! Thanks

I was hoping you'd check in. Prayers and stay safe.:grouphug:

I was just checking in to see how everyone was on the coast and in Texas. The wind is very strong here, and it's kinda scary! We lost our gazebo on our patio, and the wind just picked up our wooden rocking chair and tossed it. I hope everyone is ok...and with power! Keep praying for us! Thanks

We still have power on the northside of Houston, and the rain is just starting here nothing major but they say it will come. Keep safe and dry.

You too! We had a lot of rain at about 4 this AM, and I'm sure we'll be getting some more later. I guess I'll still need to run on my treadmill since we've still got power!:glare:

Run an emergency BATH first! I'm sure your power and water will be fine, but oy if you loose them and need a shower. kwim?

You too! We had a lot of rain at about 4 this AM, and I'm sure we'll be getting some more later. I guess I'll still need to run on my treadmill since we've still got power!:glare:

The storm is the perfect reason to not exercise, you will exercise enough cleaning up afterwards. See I am justifing my own reason for not doing what I should be lol. We still aren't really getting anything not even rain at the moment, I know its coming though. They are saying if we lose electricty it will be off for days up to a week, what kid of sick joke is that?

We are just south of Tomball and we have a little rain and slight wind. Just waiting for it to show up. Thankfully it is only a TS, but I remember what TS Allison did to Houston in 2001. Hopefully Eddie will just keep on trucking and not hang around like Allison did.

Just sprinkling here now.

My kids are freaking out a little because they remember the house flooding in Allison.

I can't imagine how scared they would be if they actually saw the news instead of just looking up the maps on the Internet.

I'm so glad I don't live in hurricane-prone areas anymore!

We had three pass over our county in 2004, and we kept our power each time. It was actually pretty cool to be able to watch the news and track it as the eye passed right over us. One of the times we even drove back to our house (we had been evacuated) during the eye. In retrospect that might not have been the smartest thing to do, but it was the third one in less than that many months, and we were SICK of evacuating and just wanted to be home.

Stay safe! Keep in touch!

I'm so glad I don't live in hurricane-prone areas anymore!

We had three pass over our county in 2004, and we kept our power each time. It was actually pretty cool to be able to watch the news and track it as the eye passed right over us. One of the times we even drove back to our house (we had been evacuated) during the eye. In retrospect that might not have been the smartest thing to do, but it was the third one in less than that many months, and we were SICK of evacuating and just wanted to be home.

Stay safe! Keep in touch!

That's funny. I grew up in tornado country and I was always the one standing on the front porch watching the funnel clouds and rain. I would be the one to drive home in a storm.

I remember Allison, was stuck in traffic that night because oldest ds decided to break his arm that morning and with no insurance had to go down town to hosp. That was a long day let me tell you. The storm is just about to roll in here, the rain is picking up but not the wind so all is well. Stay safe everyone.

That's funny. I grew up in tornado country and I was always the one standing on the front porch watching the funnel clouds and rain. I would be the one to drive home in a storm.

Ha! Me too EL. :D

Stay safe, everyone down there in TX and LA. Check in often.