Menu

UPS mailbox/mail forwarding service??

NotSoObvious

We are going to be without a permanent address for the summer (a little over three months) while we travel. For insurance purposes, we need to maintain an address in our current state.

I read online about setting up a UPS mailbox. It's a physical address and they can forward your mail at any time. It's kind of pricey though!

Has anyone done this? How did you like it? How often did you have your mail sent to you?

Is there any other option you can think of other than burdening a friend with our mail? We don't have family in this state.

No experience with UPS, but when I lived in the states, I used those kinds of services. I don't think UPS had that service then. MailBoxesEtc may be the largest of those companies. I used 3 companies, in 2 different Texas cities where I lived. One closed their business and transferred me to a competitor, while I was working out of state...

When I worked on temporary out of state job assignments, I would have them Forward everything to me, every 7 to 10 days, by UPS Ground. The only problem with that is that you are also paying to Forward a lot of "junk" mail.

Usually, when I was out of state, I would rent a box in MailBoxesEtc or something like those, where I could receive mail and packages. Not a good idea to receive mail in a motel, etc.

We had a service like that, with PostNet, for years, where we had a Mailing Address in Miami and they Forwarded to us here in Colombia, but it became extremely expensive and we had to cancel that service. Also, they were charging, a lot, to Forward "junk" mail.

When I was at home, in Texas, it was VERY convenient, to have that service, so they could receive packages arriving by UPS, FedEx, etc., and I didn't need to be at home, waiting for deliveries. Also, it is probably more secure, to receive your mail, etc., there, than to have something left on your porch, etc.,, by a delivery person and be lost or stolen...