Menu

William-Sonoma Bread machine

DawnM

One of my close friends wasn't using her bread machine and offered it to me for free!

We had an old Zoe that wasn't working properly anymore and I will pass that along to someone who may be able to fix it.

Anyway, this machine looks like it hasn't ever been used. I know she tried it out a few times but found that she just didn't make bread.

It did not come with the manual, but I think I can get that online.

However, if you have this bread machine, any pointers you have for me??????

It is a William-Sonoma Grande Cuisine Automatic Bread Maker, Model WS 0598.

I looked it up and it is a 2 pound loaf maker, is that correct?

Thank you!,

Dawn

Dawn, There's a store in Southpark, just call them (they're open Sundays) and describe it to them. They'll be able to help you. That was very generous of your friend, but it's beyond me why someone would part with their WS bread machine! I've had one for many, many years and it still works fine. Mine is older and so I'm sure you have a newer model. Mine does quite a bit and yours maybe even more. I can make bread, pizza dough, dough for my cinnamon roll recipe, and much more! One tip: if it's non-stick, do NOT use metal as it will scratch. My friend took a knife with a metal blade and cut a slice while it was still in the pan!!!!! ???????????? She's not real kitchen! HTH!

I have my first loaf going! I only had a recipe for a 1.5 pound loaf (and didn't look too hard online) so I used that. I thought at least this will give me a chance to test it out.

My yeast may be a little old anyway, so I will see what it turns out like.

Dawn

I don't know who the outsourced company would be for manufacturing the machine. I believe the "max" is 2 lbs., but in my machine I have a recipe booklet that will allow me to make 1.5 and 2 lb loaves. Yeast should be fresh for it to be most effective, but who knows it may turn out. OK, how did it turn out?

Well, it is now 100% eaten so I guess it turned out ok! :lol:

It was a 1.5 pound recipe and filled the entire pan, any more and it would have gone over.

The only problem i have is that the inside is really squishy and the outside is always crisp, making it very hard to cut and very hard to make a sandwich out of. I need to find a recipe with a better consistency.

Dawn

Dawn,

The bread can be used for slicing/sandwiches, but it would need to cool. Also, you mentioned your yeast may not be fresh. Keep experimenting, it will turn out. It's fun. You can add nuts, seeds, dried fruits, etc.

I had a bread machine before this one and the same issue occurred. I will need to do some searches. I know I have had homemade bread that had a consistency I am thinking of, I just don't remember who or where.

Dawn,

The bread can be used for slicing/sandwiches, but it would need to cool. Also, you mentioned your yeast may not be fresh. Keep experimenting, it will turn out. It's fun. You can add nuts, seeds, dried fruits, etc.