Menu

Kalanamak

Nicole M

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is such sad news. My thoughts are with those who knew and love her, particularly her husband and son. Her life seems as if it was so full, so well lived and much too short. I know she is missed by so many, and touched countless lives. May she rest in peace.

I wonder if it would be possible to create a ... something, someplace ... to keep the posts of those who have been part of TWTM community. A sort of archive of their presence here....

It's a good idea. When the gal who started HomeschoolChristian.com passed away after a brief illness, it was quite shocking to the community and the new owner of the site set up a page like this. It was very helpful and a nice place to visit, in remembrance of our dear friend. I imagine the page is still there.

It's a good idea. When the gal who started HomeschoolChristian.com passed away after a brief illness, it was quite shocking to the community and the new owner of the site set up a page like this. It was very helpful and a nice place to visit, in remembrance of our dear friend. I imagine the page is still there.

Mary was a friend of mine. :(

Thank you for the update. It was interesting to "see" her in person via the obit (nicely written), but I sure wish getting to "know" her were happening under better circumstances. So many people grow into old age, but don't really "live." Kay seems to have truly "lived" her years. Her son appears to have inherited that inner drive. May he always have fond memories of his mom and their time together.

My sentiments exactly.

Remembering Kay and her family today.

Faith

Yes, we lost Mary and then Daria (a longtime supporter/member of HSC) very close together, IIRC. It was heartbreaking. I thought that remembrance page was a lovely idea.

I'm sorry. I am a little tired and rattled. I only just now realized that I did not explicitly say that Kay's brother and the family are putting together a memory book for Karl. If you have any memories you'd like to send for him, please do.

I'm so sad to read of Kay's passing. I sort of "looked up" to her, because of similiarites in our family structure and world view. I have a ds the same age as her ds. I think of her son and it's like a hot coal in the center of my chest.

Oh, Kay.

This both made my day and saddened my day.

It made my day because I feel honored to have known about a remarkable woman with such admirable character who touched many lives so positively.

And of course so sad that she has gone, and that her son and husband must now continue on without her.

Gosh I'm in tears here. I knew Kay was dying but hearing she's gone has made me so very sad. We had much in common-I'm a doctor too and have a boy just a bit older than her Karl. She truly inspired me to embrace life when I talked to her, as I sometimes did privately. She made her mark here. I think a remembrance page is a lovely idea. I'm carrying her family close to my heart right now. So sad.

Kay was one of the first people who reached out to me here. She will be missed. Rest in Peace Kay.

I asked SWB about a memorial place for Kay when it was first posted that she was ill. The problem is one of privacy and although Kay was a member here, how would her family feel. Nicole, maybe after some time has passed you can ask her husband.

So sad. When my son passed away, she sent a personal gift to each of my kids. I remember being so amazed at how somebody that had never met us could be so kind. Death is just so hard and so sad.

Wow. Obviously she was a wonderful woman. I will keep her husband and son in my prayers.

Elise in NC

she made the journey ever so much more fun and meaningful.

"Birth is a beginning and death a destination;

But life is a journey.

A going, a growing from stage to stage:

From childhood to maturity and youth to old age.

From innocence to awareness and ignorance to knowing;

From foolishness to discretion and then perhaps, to wisdom.

From weakness to strength or strength to weakness and often back again.

From health to sickness and back we pray, to health again.

From offense to forgiveness, from loneliness to love,

From joy to gratitude, from pain to compassion.

From grief to understanding, from fear to faith;

From defeat to defeat to defeat, until, looking backward or ahead:

We see that victory lies not at some high place along the way,

But in having made the journey, stage by stage, a sacred pilgrimage.

Birth is a beginning and death a destination...

I really should send a card to be passed along to her husband and son. Kay was so helpful to me those three months my father was in ICU. Especially the three weeks he spent in a drug induced coma on life support. She had encouraging words for me, answered my medical questions, and helped me understand that while things could LOOK bad, the medical interventions were for my dad's good. It really meant so much to me.

I'm feeling a loss that I never got to meet her face to face. May the Lord comfort her husband and son as they grieve her passing.

I really should send a card to be passed along to her husband and son.

Just a note to say that we also have the option of signing the online guestbook that is part of the obituary link provided in the OP. I noticed a couple of WTM names there. And they will see that and I think can print it out. (Someone tell me if I'm wrong on that.) Of course cards are very good too but I wanted to point out more options. After you press enter for the guestbook entry, it will be reviewed by the funeral home to make sure it is appropriate before being posted.

Just a note to say that we also have the option of signing the online guestbook that is part of the obituary link provided in the OP. I noticed a couple of WTM names there. And they will see that and I think can print it out. (Someone tell me if I'm wrong on that.) Of course cards are very good too but I wanted to point out more options. After you press enter for the guestbook entry, it will be reviewed by the funeral home to make sure it is appropriate before being posted.

...and you can buy a sympathy card (on the same website) and have it sent to the funeral home to be given to the family.

Just a note to let you all know that Hannah has put together a document with a collection of Kay's posts here, and I've forwarded that to Kay's brother, who is organizing materials for a memory book for Karl. My sense is that Kay's first wish was for memories and stories for her husband and son, to help them keep her memory alive. I imagine she would have been very proud of her boy for going to school the next day, for carrying on. I mention this not because I want to discourage anyone from sending a sympathy card, but rather to hold up Hannah, and to let you know that she's done this marvelous thing — Kay's gifts to us are going back to her family, her son.