Menu

Alcohol takes Sharpie off a hardwood floor

NotSoObvious

Does anyone know what gets superglue off hardwood floors? I wish I was asking for a friend.

Acetone nail polish remover....not the Non-Acetone type. That won't work. Unfortunately, it may also remove the finish on the floor. Check in a hidden location somewhere first.

And FYI, if someone writes on a whiteboard with a sharpie, tracing over it with a whiteboard marker will get it off. Thankfully I don't know if that works on hardwood floors as well.

I don't know about real wood, but on laminate like Pergo, this trick works really well.

I had to learn the alcohol and sharpie combo when my son drew on the tv a couple of years ago. The other thing with sharpie that its handy to know is that its not uv stable so any thing small enough to go out in the sun will fade the sharpie in a day or two.

Will rubbing alcohol take paint off the wall?

Any sort of scrubbing will, especially if you have flat paint. I have used magic eraser very carefully, and also scrubbing with baking soda. You cannot go in and scrub fiercely on one spot. You have to sort of gently rub the whole area. I have gotten pen off clothing with alcohol, but I had to sort of flush it through the cloth and absorb it on the other side with an old washcloth or something. Otherwise it stays on the cloth, basically.

I did notice Sharpie fades on sports balls that I have written, but I didn't know why. Thanks!