Menu

Why does it have to always storm while dh is away on business

Dh just left to go on another business trip today. We are under a severe thunderstorm warning (it's supposed to get here in 15 minutes) and there is a tornado warning one county over. I'm the biggest baby when it comes to storms. To top it all off we really need to get a good night's sleep tonight. My dd and I have to get up at 4:30 am to bring her to her school. They are leaving for poms camp. I'm trying to brave but the sky is getting darker and it is very dark outside.

:iagree: The last 2 times dh went away on business, it stormed...complete w/ power outage. :001_huh: I.hate.power outages. I made sure the flashlights had fresh batteries in them after that. :D It is supposed to storm here tonight as well and guess what? Dh just left this morning for business again! :glare:

It must be some universal tacit rule which states "all inclement weather transpires when DH is away". Tornado, nasty rainstorms, hail, ice storms, two 911 calls, etc happen when DH is out of country. I swear it's some sort of demented joke from Mother Nature.

Be safe, snuggle with a good book and think warm, sunny thoughts!

Sending you some of our ridiculously warm sunshine (and the 107' temps)!

The sky turned green and black. It was very eerie. Then the winds hit. Our basketball hoop (filled with water and exrtremely heavy) was blown over and moved several feet (of course it had to block my driveway and I need to get out at 5 am!) It also uprooted a small tree in our backyard. Luckily we got a small break in the storm and my neighbor helped me move the hoop so that we can get out in the morning. I hope everyone else is staying safe!