Menu

Don't lie...what are your kids doing right now? Well, most are getting ready for bed,

probably...but I talked dh into taking 3 y/o for a bike ride and I don't KNOW where my 5 y/o is...but she's so great...she's probably reading somewhere.

While you're at it, if you want to post what you do on a normal weekday night, I'd love to know!

I only say "don't lie" because sometimes I don't want to say that my kids are watching tv or that I think they're in a fight but I'm ignoring it....but don't we all really want to know that stuff? ;)

5pm here right now.

Dd9 is at the neighbors playing on the slip and slide

ds13 is riding bikes with a friend

dfd22mo is at daycare still (dh is picking her up on his way home). I haven't picked her up from when I was working earlier. Mama needed a break!

14yos - doing [breakfast and lunch] dishes

12yod - I don't know (probably reading)

10yod - Checking the meat browning on the stove

8 yos - still doing his zone chore

6yod - out front playing under the apricot tree

2yos - standing near the laptop whining/crying b/c he says his toe hurts (the bandaid was applied yesterday)

4mos - sleeping on my lap as I type

It's 5 p.m.

Our evenings are pretty laid back. We eat when dh gets home, read, play, what-have-you. Then about 8:30 dh calls everyone together for Bible reading and prayer. Then it's bed time. But it takes another 45 minutes or so before everyong is actually in bed. This bugs me and I haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

Let's see. . . dd#1 is on the couch reading a book, while dd#4 is on the floor pouting b/c I won't play with her:blush:. Ds#2 and dd#3 are upstairs unwatched making what I would imagine is an awful mess of ds's bedroom. Of course it is only 5pm right now. I would be making dinner but stove/oven is not working so neither am I.:)

It's only 5 pm here. My dc are pushing each other down the drive-way in an old umbrella stroller. I just told them to clean up.

Our usual routine: 5 pm is clean up time. 5:30 is supper time (if dh is home yet). 6 ish: we all go out for a family walk (sometimes this is a family errand time). 7:30 ish: baths and showers. Then watch t.v. and veg. 9 pm is the bedtime routine

. . . . "rundown" (??) with his buds. They're all taking care of Theo as well.

I kid you not, those boys love Theo. They always rotate one kid out of the game so that he can sit next to Theo and keep him happy. :ohmy:

And a couple days ago, one of the girls that sometimes joins them knocked on my door--I swear, knocked on my door, and asked, "Um, Mrs. Isaac, can Isaac come out and play, and can he bring the baby, too?" :lol:

My 11, 9, 7, and 5yo just finished watching a National Geographic video about Jamestown. Now they are supposed to be cleaning their room and getting ready for bed. My 11yob just plopped himself down on the couch and turned on Antiques Road Show. (his part of the room is clean). My 5yog is messing with the baby and the 9 and 7 yog are arguing about cleaning their room. Now 11yob is screaming at 7yog because she dumped out his Legos. Baby is happy (for now) in her bouncy seat looking at the TV.

Susan in TX

Guest Virginia Dawn

3 of them are going around the block with dh. Ds #2 and ds #3 are riding their bikes, while dh is pushing ds#4 in the stroller. Ds#1 is at his girlfriend's house, Dd is in Rhode Island with her family.

When the kiddos get back, the youngest 2 will get ready for bed.

It is 8:20 here....we just got back from picking up our usual Jerry's Monday night special pizza. We were late because the trucks battery is going and had to get a jump.

Soooooo.....14 yoD and 15 yo-niece are waiting for the pizza...they have all ready showered.

12 and 11 yod son's and 10 yo-nephew should be on their way back home from the nieghbor's. Their friend is moving next month so we have been letting them stay longer and swim.

Ahhh.....boys just walked in.

We are getting ready for pizza then the kids and I will play a card game. I am thinking Phase 10 but the dice version if the kiddo's can find it.

We are very laid back in the summer and since we have company for the next two weeks...I am not pushing too many of the school time rules.

Slowly we will be working back into the earlier bedtimes.

7:20 PM here

19 yo is house sitting

18 yo is playing Runescape

16 yo is at work

15 yo is getting 3 yo ready for bed

13 yo is in her room reading

12 yo is doing the dishes

10 yo is reading in his room

8 yo is sitting in the living room with me watching TV

5 yo is playing legos in the little boys room

3 yo-see 15 yo above

5:13pm here.

Meghan (18) is finishing up the kitchen and is on her way upstairs to finish packing for college (sob!:crying:).

Sarah (9) is strumming a play guitar and sounds horrible.

Emily (11) is *still* wandering around and pretending to work on her pre-Algebra lesson (that has been going on since well before dinner).

Collin (3) has the air pump from the stomp rocket and is using it to blow air up the 7yo's skirt. He's also naked from the waist down. Uh-oh, he caught me spying on him and now he's begging for chocolate milk.

Mia (6) is playing with her new Littlest Pet Shop.

Jenna (14) is reading her History because she was too busy painting her new LOTR War Hammer set earlier today to finish it.

Now the 3yo is completely naked and jumping off the arm of the couch.

It sounds chaotic, but it's surprisingly quiet!

Barb

and my ds finished showering and is eating. He has music camp tomorrow and he's listening to rewritten words to "I'm a Believer" from Shrek (or more accurately Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees). He has put it on repeat so we are listening to the same song over and over and over... He needs to get to bed soon, but I doubt if he'll actually get to sleep for a while after that.

I am checking the various forums I visit, and plan to check my facebook to see what's new there while I wait for "The Closer" to come on TV (one of my fav shows)!:001_smile:

Everyone except Ds19 is watching The Muppets Take Manhattan (Dd9 picked it out at the library today). Ds19 is in the garage rearranging things so I can get my elliptical out of the LR and into the garage. Ok, Ds19 just came in to catch a scene and take a sip of diet Coke.;) Oh, the joys of listening to pig puppet sing:D.

probably...but I talked dh into taking 3 y/o for a bike ride and I don't KNOW where my 5 y/o is...but she's so great...she's probably reading somewhere.

While you're at it, if you want to post what you do on a normal weekday night, I'd love to know!

I only say "don't lie" because sometimes I don't want to say that my kids are watching tv or that I think they're in a fight but I'm ignoring it....but don't we all really want to know that stuff? ;)

Mine are both in bed now, thank goodness! Now it is time for daddy and I to have some fun!:D

well, it's 10 till 6 here in hot southern CA. ds 11 is laying on the couch with jammy pants on watching August Rush for the 2nd time with my other dd's. The girls are holding their guinea pigs and watching and vegging. Yes, they should be picking up or doing other things, but we went to the beach earlier, hit a major traffic jam on the way home so it took 2 hrs instead of 1, and middle dd survived a violin lesson after all that as well. I'm bushed. They're bushed. We're all bushed. Sometime before I go pick dad up at the train station I'll have them take a quick chore break to at least make it look to dad that "something" got done.

Jan (my oldest) and Hans (dh) went kayaking for a couple of days. My four younger guys are selling lemonade (organic ~ good stuff!:)) out front. Most people are blazing when they go by here, so they don't get a lot of customers. They're happy campers with $3.80 thus far. I won't take the wind out of their sails by telling them the lemonade actually cost more than that.;)

Every afternoon and evening is the same here: outside, outside, and more outside. In the summer, we dinner outside quite late ~ usually after 8 ~ and people stay out there until it's almost dark.

Actually, he's outside with his friend (who is spending the night -- why do they ALL have to spend the night?!). Other than that, I don't want to know what they're doing. :D

One is asleep on my lap, but he's not ready to transfer yet. As soon as he gets floppy and sweaty, I'll dump him into bed. One is laying in the bed Grandad made for him, kicking the wall. Another is in bed, petting a cat and reading The Cartoon History of the Universe, Volume II. The furry child is standing next to me huffing (literally: "fhoo! bhroo!") so I should probably walk her.

Heh. Well, I had a committee meeting in my home that just ended. My husband is watching TV and playing his Nintendo DS. My son is watching another TV and playing his Nintendo DS. Boys will be boys! But, yes, it is time for son to get ready for bed (he usually gets ready around 9 p.m. anyhow).

Mine are jumping on their beds, screaming at the top of their lungs and giving dh an ulcer. I just heard the bathroom door shut so I imagine he is using a bathroom break for a couple deep breaths. :) The little one is nawing at my neck in hopes that suddenly a nipple has appeared! :)

It's 8:21, and the kids are watching Star Trek Next Generation.

And I remember some thread on Friday where I said they were watching Star Trek DS9, and, yes, this really is all we do around here.

Also, I'm making Trader Joe frozen choc. chip cookie dough into cookies in the toaster oven -- it took an entire box to figure out how to bake them in the toaster oven, but the kids were real troopers about helping eat all the mistakes.

Also, I'm making Trader Joe frozen choc. chip cookie dough into cookies in the toaster oven -- it took an entire box to figure out how to bake them in the toaster oven, but the kids were real troopers about helping eat all the mistakes.

Isnt it great to have helpful kids? :)

:D I did enjoy an absolutely delish raspberry protein smoothie earlier today after my run. Mmmmm! I've moved on to Mike's now, though.;)

Ahem...according to the way I just typed raspberry it would appear that I'm having some Mike's too. Yeah. That's it. It's the Mike's. :D

Raspberry protein smoothie after a run sounds delightful. *sigh* I wish we lived closer. We seriously couldn't be further away and still be in the same country...

6:30pm

dd1-doing school work that she never started today

dd4-bothering her(note the pattern)

ds2 & dd3-cleaning up the hideous mess they made or dh is making them air sandwiches for dinner instead of pizza.

:D

BTW I don't exactly know what they are, I think it is bread and nothing else

It's...9:30 pm here

My 17 and 8 year olds just came home from Tae Kwon Do lessons half an hour ago.

My 14 & 8 year olds are now playing the Wii in the basement

My 17 year old is either on the computer or reading "Breaking Dawn", that new Twilight novel that she picked up on Friday...and hasn't put down since. More than likely, she's chatting on the computer *about* "Breaking Dawn"! ;)

My 6 year old is watching "Finding Nemo" and getting nice and sleepy! She'll be asleep before it's over - guaranteed!