Menu

Will someone please explain to me

why I bother to let my dc use toothpaste? Everynight when I go in to brush my teeth I have to clean 3 globs of it off my sink. I mean I don't know why they even put it on their toothbrush. Why not just squeeze it into the sink. That is where it ends up. AAAAAAughhhhhh!!!!:banghead:

My youngest is the same way. I am tempted to make her buy her own toothpaste - that would probably cut down on the waste!

I remember an old Ramona tv show in which Ramona squished an entire tube of toothpaste intot he sink for some reason - the mom scooped it all into a plastic bag and announced that Ramona had to use it until it was gone.

My youngest is the same way. I am tempted to make her buy her own toothpaste - that would probably cut down on the waste!

I remember an old Ramona tv show in which Ramona squished an entire tube of toothpaste intot he sink for some reason - the mom scooped it all into a plastic bag and announced that Ramona had to use it until it was gone.

Hmm, maybe I should make them use the leftover glob in the morning. Of course each child would have to figure out which one was theirs for hygienic purposes. :D

All good suggestions. Or you could put a pea-sized blob of toothpaste on their toothbrush for them. I read in an Ann Landers column once about a man who put his house guests' toothpaste "allotment" on a small square of waxed paper on the sink for them (he thought they were being wasteful.) That's a lot of trouble, but it could solve the problem. :)

Others have given good advice for dealing with waste. What I did about the *mess* was start requiring the kids to wipe down the counter and sink every evening after brushing. I keep them stocked in biodegradable cleaning wipes, and they use one a day to wipe down the counter and sink each evening. They're not thrilled, but it makes me *much* happier. (And, of course, now that they're the ones cleaning, they do a better job of not smearing toothpaste everywhere, lol.)

Others have given good advice for dealing with waste. What I did about the *mess* was start requiring the kids to wipe down the counter and sink every evening after brushing. I keep them stocked in biodegradable cleaning wipes, and they use one a day to wipe down the counter and sink each evening. They're not thrilled, but it makes me *much* happier. (And, of course, now that they're the ones cleaning, they do a better job of not smearing toothpaste everywhere, lol.)

This is soooo true. I remember the first time ds12 cleaned the hall bathroom. Someone went in about 10 minutes later and left a mess (something small but noticeable). When ds12 noticed it he started whining, "Someone left this bathroom a complete mess and I just cleaned it!!!" I had to laugh a little.