Menu

Going to be new to Raleigh

It's looking like our family is going to move to Raleigh....love to talk to any homeschool moms in the Cary/North Raleigh/WAke Forest area. My hubby's job will be in North Raleigh and I wanted to know about homeschool groups and opportunities in the area! I have some other general "area" questions if anyone is interested in answering, you can pm me.

Thanks!

Mary

I'm a ways outside of Raleigh, but you simply MUST visit the Homeschool Gathering Place bookstore in north Raleigh. It is **fabulous**! It is my favorite place to go in the entire state. Maybe even the entire region west of the Mississippi. (I'm a total curriculum nerd, if you can't tell ;) ) They have tons of curriculum materials (new and used, and lots of classical ed stuff!) and I'm sure they could also help point you towards some groups in the area.

I'm about 35 - 45 minutes from Raleigh but I go there weekly. I didn't know about that bookstore! I'm going to have to check it out. I go to the one in Fayetteville sometimes but Raleigh is actually closer. I will pm you in a bit.

It's looking like our family is going to move to Raleigh....love to talk to any homeschool moms in the Cary/North Raleigh/WAke Forest area. My hubby's job will be in North Raleigh and I wanted to know about homeschool groups and opportunities in the area! I have some other general "area" questions if anyone is interested in answering, you can pm me.

Thanks!

Mary

Here's a link to a large homeschool group based in Wake Forest, but with members from Raleigh and other surrounding towns. The big group on the Cary side of town is Dayspring. There are other smaller groups as well. There used to be a WTM/classical group of moms that met weekly in Cary, but I'm not sure whether they're still meeting. You could ask on the Spiceline group. The woman who runs Spiceline is a very conservative Christian to the point that even other conservative Christians find her annoying, but it's a great source of information.

ETA: Forgot the link. It's www.lighthousehsa.com

They have a large regional Yahoo! group: http://groups.yahoo....oup/spice-line/

There are lots of active IRL groups in the area. Look on NCHE's website for help there. I don't know what their regional rep with NCHE is like, but our local person is great so contacting her (or him) would probably help.

Yup, I was going to suggest Spice Line.

I'm about 45 min. from Raleigh (but we drive to Cary for church). There are lots of homeschooling opportunities in the area!

• 1 month later...