Menu

Question if you have used Teaching Textbooks 3-5

My kids currently use Teaching Textbooks at grade level (my son is in TT3 and my daughter uses TT5). My question is, do you think I could skip TT4 and just start my son in grade 5 in the fall? It is such an expensive program & in looking at the table of contents for grade 4, it seems there is a ton of review from grade 3. I already own TT5, so using that would be much more affordable & we could slow down in areas that need review and practice.

Should I just print off the placement test to be safe? Or do you think we would be okay just going for it?

FWIW, my son does well in math. TT3 is easy breezy for him.

I would just do the placement test. That way if there were some things they didn't know, you could quickly teach those specific things and then still skip to TT5. We started with TT4 in 3rd grade and used TT5 for 4th.

This is exactly what we did. My twins, 8 year old 2nd grade, finished up TT3 and they are about 1/2 way through TT5 (one is "mathy" and the other is average) and they are not having any problems so far. There is much overlap between TT3 and TT5.

I agree, however, with taking the placement test.