Menu

some things we use:

1. plastic lunch boxes. they stack neatly in a few different ways, you can put certain legos in each one, and when they open you have TWO sections for sorting pieces. and I can get them dirt cheap at the thrift stores.

2. plastic ice cream buckets. the only problem is they are ROUND and don't fit on shelves real well. But we always have a supply of them and they're better than a Big Box ;)

3. the actual lego tubs --since we don't usually buy legos new, i watch for the bigger plastic lego tubs at thrift stores.

4. and a large fishing tackle box might help w/ holding and sorting the little pieces: get one that looks like this:

http://www.gotyatackle.com/store/images/9606.jpg

the slot dividers are adjustable for longer pieces, and the larger plates can fit in the space below.

I snag them when i find them at the thrift stores for 3-5 bucks. because $111 is just Too. Steep!

5. while you're at the thrift stores you might also find other conatiners w/ lids that will work for organizing legos. a set of organizers that is missing one piece, a good container that just doesn't match the previous owner's decor, etc.

happy organizing :)

Well, I've always wanted to try it but never got up the nerve. I've always thought I shoudl panell my daughter's room with the big, flat squares (what are those called?) and then make her store all her bricks on the walls and ceiling. :001_huh:

Now *that's* a great idea!!!! That would look so cool!

P.S. I think you're looking for 'base plates'...

Well, I've always wanted to try it but never got up the nerve. I've always thought I shoudl panell my daughter's room with the big, flat squares (what are those called?) and then make her store all her bricks on the walls and ceiling. :001_huh:

Great idea!!! I could actually see my boys doing this.....:lol:

On second thought....that would be my husband doing this....:D

When my boys stopped playing with their Thomas the Tank engines, we converted the train table into the lego table - it at least keeps some of them off the floor while they are building. They use the bins underneath to sort and store the legos by color. We also have one of the plastic drawer thingies pictured above for lego people, animals, wheels, etc.

Here is kind of what it looks like..

Krista

post-2744-13535082626037_thumb.jpg

post-2744-13535082626037_thumb.jpg