Menu

Singapore Discovering Mathematics Common Core....

Anyone have any inside info on WHEN the DM 8A&B series will be available? The places I check for it either say it will be available this summer (vague) or give a date, and then keep pushing that date back.

Can you tell I am in a hurry to get this? I have a son sitting around with no math to work on!!! Sigh. Deep breath. Live goes on.

I'm going to pull out some Key to math books to fill in the time. Perhaps he can do something in Khan Academy too.

We do math all year, so that's why I am bothered by waiting.

Ask over on the Singapore Forum, Jenny can tell you some details on timing BUT more importantly she can tell you what you could work on now.

Personally if you haven't done any DM, I'd just start with the DM regular book and go.

Ask over on the Singapore Forum, Jenny can tell you some details on timing BUT more importantly she can tell you what you could work on now.

Personally if you haven't done any DM, I'd just start with the DM regular book and go.

That's what I tried first, but I kept getting a message that the "server was busy". I can try again tonight. : )

CBD is claiming it will ship June 5th. However, that's now the 3rd estimated shipping date CBD has listed. :glare:

Yes, I have a back order with CBD and have noticed the ever changing date. :glare:

Email Jenny and ask. Her answer would be the most accurate deadline

"Questions with regards to implementation of the programs, or which books to use, please contact our curriculum adviser at jenny@singaporemath.com"

Thanks! I didn't know about the e-mail address. I'll see if that brings any answers. She may not know either, but it's worth a try!

OK, I e-mailed Jenny at Singapore Math and here's what she said when I asked if she know then DM 8A & 8B would be ready.

"I believe 8A will be available some time in July, that is the last we know from the publisher.

Jenny

Singaporemath.com"

So now I am wondering if they will meet that schedule or not, and if they will get 8B out in a timely manner. I really needed 8A last month!

What to do, what to do...... I would like my son to get started doing him new math book ASAP since it gives him more time to work through it. It looks like I could still get the older version DM 2A&B. He has used the older version DM 1A&B and I had planned on him switching over to DM Common Core now.

I don't really care, personally about whether or not is is "Common Core" or not. I wonder if he would have a harder time transitioning to the DM Common Core series later. Decisions, decisions.....

Thank you for your help in knowing who to contact for this information!!

I haven't heard anything about plans to revise DM 3 or 4 to reflect CC. The publisher has already announced plans to revise Primary Mathematics to reflect CC so I would imagine that would come first.

My DD needs some more work on pre-algebra before she'll be ready to move on to 8A so I'm not in any particular rush. But if I were, I think I'd just go ahead and get the old DM 2.