Menu

Don't make fun of renowned Dan Brown

ChrisB

Oh, thank you for that. It was simply brilliant and spot on. Dan Brown owes me money. $29.99 for the Da Vinci Code, Hardback (I didn't buy it, but someone did and since it's now my copy, I demand restitution for the fact that his drivel killed a bunch of trees), $8.50 for my movie ticket to see Angels and Demons (I went with a friend, who loves Tom Hanks), $6 for the soft drink I had to buy so I would be able to keep my mouth damp as I watched his dry, boring words played out on the screen in front of me, $7 for the popcorn I bought (I was at the movies, I needed popcorn!) and $3 for the candy I had to buy for the sugar rush I needed to keep me going through the movie. So that's $54.49. Oh, and I clearly need some sort of restitution for mental and emotional distress caused by said book and said movie. I'm not greedy, so $500,000 should do it. Plus my original $54.49.

Oh, thank you for that. It was simply brilliant and spot on. Dan Brown owes me money. $29.99 for the Da Vinci Code, Hardback (I didn't buy it, but someone did and since it's now my copy, I demand restitution for the fact that his drivel killed a bunch of trees), $8.50 for my movie ticket to see Angels and Demons (I went with a friend, who loves Tom Hanks), $6 for the soft drink I had to buy so I would be able to keep my mouth damp as I watched his dry, boring words played out on the screen in front of me, $7 for the popcorn I bought (I was at the movies, I needed popcorn!) and $3 for the candy I had to buy for the sugar rush I needed to keep me going through the movie. So that's $54.49. Oh, and I clearly need some sort of restitution for mental and emotional distress caused by said book and said movie. I'm not greedy, so $500,000 should do it. Plus my original $54.49.

Damn. This makes me want to go to law school so I can help you out.

Maybe if you lower your damages you can tak him to small claims court?!

I'm sure this would be even funnier if I had ever read a Dan Brown book.

No, it wouldn't.

It would bring back the bad memories....ones you thought you'd blocked.

Apparently not quite enough.

It's really strange to me why one author will hit at one point. Brown is just one of those appalling writers.

I read DaVinci code. Shudder.

:lol: I've never read anything by Dan Brown, but the article reminds me exactly how I feel about the writing of "not quite as renowned" author Stephen Lawhead!

(Renowned author Dan Brown gazed admiringly at the pulchritudinous brunette’s blonde tresses, flowing from her head like a stream but made from hair instead of water and without any fish in.)! Love it.

LOL - that's what I've been thinking! He also owes me money for the time I wasted reading it. What a stupid book.

DH is "making" ;) me post this article about the author, Dan Brown. He was laughing hard the other night over it. He said it was WTM post worthy. lol. Enjoy!

This part did make me laugh:

His books were read by everyone from renowned politician President Obama to renowned musician Britney Spears. It was said that a copy of The Da Vinci Code had even found its way into the hands of renowned monarch the Queen.