Menu

Guys desires to change Abercrombie & Fitch's image, so he purchases their clothes from thrift stores to donate them to the homeless.

Lisa R.

An LA filmmaker read that Abercrombie and Fitch destroys unsold clothing rather than donate it as they don't want the "wrong" people wearing their clothes. While I've not read that, I think what this filmmaker is doing is hysterical. He goes to thrift stores to buy Abercrombie and Fitch clothes so he can donate them to the homeless. He's recommending others purchase their clothing from resale shops and donate it.

Clever. Very clever.

'We go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don’t belong [in our clothes], and they can’t belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely.'

Serves them right!

Here is a link that show his video: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/05/abercrombie-fitch-video-greg-karber-gives-clothes-to-homeless-88838.html

It reminds me of a book I read once that had a character who refused to wear prominently labeled clothing that was basically an advertisement. Then he contracted AIDS and started wearing clothes like that as much as possible because he knew that the companies probably did not really want him wearing their clothes and/or logos.