Menu

Lively Latin Videos

Until yesterday I hadn't had a problem with them; yesterday the streaming wasn't buffering adequately and it kept freezing up, which was annoying enough that DD actually preferred to have ME teach her the lesson. I hope she gets it straightened out soon!

They are working for me. I use Firefox.

Also, I went through and downloaded them all to a flash drive so that I KNOW they are available when we need them.

ETA: I was having trouble with her site a couple of weeks ago. I finally got an email through to her, and she was very helpful. I am sure she is just as frustrated with the issues as we have been. She said that in all of her years with this site she has never had issues until recently. She is hoping the upgrade will take care of the issues.

I started using LL before the videos but they sure are nice to have. I know I can live without them.

BUT

I haven't been able to get the videos to work at all for about a month (Chrome and Adobe Flash) and it is frustrating.

It is so weird that some people are having trouble and some are not. If she can't reproduce the problem then sending mean and angry emails isn't going to help.

I just tried it on Google Chrome and it worked just fine. Has everyone updated their browsers and Flash players to the newest versions, sometimes that helps.

Received a response from Catherine Drown this morning!

Basically, she doesn't have any idea why it wouldn't work for some people. It does work for her. She asked what area of the country I live in, thinking it might be a regional issue. She said there's a website update coming July 1, but she's going to ask the guy who's updating the site to check into this issue now. She asked us to give her 4-5 days to see what they can do.

I'm pretty happy with that response. At least she's trying!

I do wonder if it's IP address related. Using latest version of Firefox and Flash, it didn't work on any computer, tablet, or other device in my home. I had my friend try, and it didn't work on either of her computers. I had my dad try, and it worked on his. Then I tried again, having been a week since I'd first tried, and suddenly it worked! I imagine I may have had a different IP address by then.

I downloaded all videos that night, so I no longer have to worry about it ( until we get to BB2!).

I know what it's like to try to diagnose a website problem that I can't reproduce, so I really feel for her.

I've always had such helpful responses from her. I understand the frustration for sure, but I am with the other posters who are suggesting she may just be really perplexed by the problems too . . . in my past dealings with her, uncaring and unresponsive would never have been my descriptions, and even without the videos, it has been a great program; they are really supplemental to the program, not a core of it.

She wrote back this morning and said she thinks her web guy found the problem and asked for me to try again. Interesting result:

It's not that sometimes the videos work and sometimes they don't, it's that CERTAIN videos work and some don't. For example, 10.1 and 10.2 don't work, but 10.3 loads just fine. Can anyone else reproduce my result? I emailed her back and told her what I'd found.

Just went and checked it out. And yes, some work and some don't. Crazy! I made sure that my browser (Google Chrome) and Adobe Flash Player are up to date.

Edit: Over the past month I have tried random videos and none of them worked. Today only 4.1 will not work.

Okay, the website says to use Chrome or Firefox. It's more specific than that, apparently.

The same video will NOT work in Chrome on my Mac laptop, but ran perfectly on Firefox on our desktop computer.

When I was having a problem (and I'm not now), I tried both Chrome and Firefox, and neither one worked. It's not a browser issue. There may be some other issue they had that caused problems in IE, but I don't think it was this same video problem.

When mine started working, I had not changed browsers or anything. Things were already uptodate when it wasn't working, and basically, it just suddenly started working for no apparent reason.