Menu

If I want to use Biblioplan Ancients + MOH & KFH but NOT the Cool History or Companion...

and I want high school plans included (not in the separate Comprehensive High School Supplement), which copyright date should I look for? 2008?

The newest revision--the one in which Cool History and the Biblioplan Companion began to be included--was that 2012?

How many revisions has Biblioplan Ancients been through? Was there a 2010 version of Ancients? Which spines are included with which revisions? I'm so confused... Can someone help me here?

I used BP Ancients with the Cool History for high school just last year. The Family Guide, Companion, and Cool History pages were dated 2011. It does not include Kingfisher, and the Cool History pages are all tied to the Companion. I have an older BP Family Guide that does include Kingfisher dated 2008, but I bought it used and none of the stuff to go with it. I believe the high school material must have been separate from the rest of the family in 2008 because the guide only has class time for all and then up to 5th and up.

There was a difference in the guide from Year 1 (2011) and Year 2 (2012) as well. At the beginning of each unit in Year 1 there was a separate page just for high school that listed chapters from several spine choices included (A Beka, Spielvogel's Glencoe book and Western Civilization book) as well as additional Bible readings. None of these were scheduled out weekly. You had to do that yourself. MOH was scheduled, though, on the Family Guide as well as Streams of Civilization. Year 2 didn't schedule or use any of the spines from that unit list in Year 1), but does schedule MOH II and III for you as well as their Companion text and Famous Men books.

IMHO, you could probably just schedule MOH yourself and look things up in Kingfisher easier than trying to use BP's schedule if you aren't going to use the rest of their materials.

The order of study is arranged differently in the 2008 version, too. Here's a comparison of the units.

2008:

Creation (3 weeks)

Egypt to Judges (6 weeks)

Nation of Israel (7 weeks)

Ancient Greece (7 weeks)

Ancient Rome (10 weeks)

Ancient East (3 weeks)

2011:

Creation to Joseph (7 weeks)

Egypt and the Nation of Israel (7 weeks)

Israel Divided--Assyria and Babylon (6 weeks)

Persia and Ancient Greece (5 weeks)

Rome, Jesus and the Early Church (9 weeks)

(Ancient East spread throughout)

Thank you so much, Amy, for taking the time to help! This is very useful information for me. Just for clarification: does Ancient East mean the Far East (China, etc.)?

Can anybody tell me:

When did BP stop scheduling KFH?

When did BP start scheduling MOH?

Thank you so much, Amy, for taking the time to help! This is very useful information for me. Just for clarification: does Ancient East mean the Far East (China, etc.)?

Can anybody tell me:

When did BP stop scheduling KFH?

When did BP start scheduling MOH?

Yes, Far East was China, Japan, India, etc. I don't know if there was a version between 2008 and 2011, but it had to stop sometime in between or by 2011.

MOH is scheduled in the 2008 version, but I don't know when they started using it.

Yes, Far East was China, Japan, India, etc. I don't know if there was a version between 2008 and 2011, but it had to stop sometime in between or by 2011.

MOH is scheduled in the 2008 version, but I don't know when they started using it.

Thank you so much for your help.