Menu

Anyone Else Living in an X-File?

Candid

The brood II Cicadas are out in force in my neighborhood That interesting, an UFO is landing on my roof, noise is fully in place and the shells of bugs are present everywhere. Thus far I have not had one land on me, 17 years ago we were in the same neighborhood but on a heavily wooded lot and they were everywhere. This time they're less present, but still here.

Note, I'm providing a link, but I am unsure as to why cicadas are an emergency, they are kind of creepy looking, but they are harmless: http://www.theatlanticcities.com/neighborhoods/2013/05/17-year-brood-ii-cicada-emergence-update-theyre-heeeere/5562/

Do you have a dog who will eat large amounts of the disgusting creatures, no matter how hard you try to avoid letting him in contact with them, which will be impossible because they are forming a bug-carpet on the sidewalk, and then vomit them up on your inside carpet? It adds to the excitement!

Do you have a dog who will eat large amounts of the disgusting creatures, no matter how hard you try to avoid letting him in contact with them, which will be impossible because they are forming a bug-carpet on the sidewalk, and then vomit them up on your inside carpet? It adds to the excitement!

That is so funny you should say that! My youngest dog is eating them up like a Hoover vacuum cleaner! Drives me crazy.

So far just eating them, not vomit yet.