Menu

Zumdahl help, please

After reading the fabulous thread on high school chemistry, I have narrowed my choices to Zumdahl/Thompson or and Spectrum. I will have an average 11th grader and science oriented 9th grader. My dilemma is choosing the Zumdahl book(s). I really am uncomfortable lining up student book with teacher guide, lab book, etc. I would like the answers for the math problems and assume these would be in the teacher's guide.

Does some kind soul already have ISBN's compiled ?

I'd be much obliged =)

Shalom,

Teresa

Which Zumdahl do you want? Introductory Chem or the regular Chem that is used for AP? Or actually I think there's another text also. Anyways, I got the Introductory Chem stuff and have most of the pieces, probably am not going to use it, if you want to just buy them from me. :)

Hi Teresa,

I can give you a list of ISBNs from Amazon if you let me know which Zumdahl you're looking for. I tried doing a search for Zumdahl and Thompson but didn't come up with anything. As far as I know, Zumdahl has:

World of Chemistry (Reg Chem)

Introductory Chemistry: A Foundation or Basic Chemistry (Honours Chem maybe?)

Chemical Principles (Honours Chem maybe?)

Chemistry (AP Chem)

If you let the Hive know which one you're looking at (and which edition), we can be more helpful. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to you all for the help. I would like to find ISBN's for World of Chemistry and Introduction to Chemistry. Also, has anyone looked at the labs? I saw the plans to use The Illustrated Guide to Home Chemistry with Zumdahl, but wondered if the labs in the Zumdahl book are doable in the home setting.

Thanks much!

Teresa

Zumdahl, Introductory Chemistry 5e: 0-618-30501-7 (hardcover text)

Solutions Manual: 0-618-30530-0 (paperback)

Introductory Chemistry in the Laboratory: 0-618-30528-9

Items required in the first labs may or may not be in a home lab: burets, Thiele tube, melting point capillaries, and simple distillation set-up. I can provide a list of labs if needed, but will probably post them in the Chemistry Social Group.

• 4 weeks later...

I can provide a list of labs if needed, but will probably post them in the Chemistry Social Group.

Thanks! I didn't know this group existed. I hope it is all right to join and lurk for a while (a long while). :)