Menu

Did anyone see this? Elderly peace activists break into nuclear plant

Truscifi

There were definitely major security issues for them to have been able to gain entry so easily. Now the ease with which the security was defeated is national and possibly international news. It might have been smarter of the nuclear facility to handle matters much more privately and then improve their security. Now no matter what happens the nuclear facility looks bad.

Thanks for posting that! I read a fairly long article this past week through the Knoxville paper, I think it was the Washington Post, about this. A very well written article. It was before the trial. Who knew? I didn't know. I kept thinking that area looked like a peaceful, clean area to live. :confused1:

If you get the chance to look up that article, it is a great read.

Thanks for posting that! I read a fairly long article this past week through the Knoxville paper, I think it was the Washington Post, about this. A very well written article. It was before the trial. Who knew? I didn't know. I kept thinking that area looked like a peaceful, clean area to live. :confused1:

If you get the chance to look up that article, it is a great read.

Can you post a link?

There were definitely major security issues for them to have been able to gain entry so easily. Now the ease with which the security was defeated is national and possibly international news. It might have been smarter of the nuclear facility to handle matters much more privately and then improve their security. Now no matter what happens the nuclear facility looks bad.

I'm guessing the peace folks had a press release ready to go. No way they were going to go peacefully. ;)

I'm not far from where this happened. It's been in the news a lot. Personally I think they should be thanked for highlighting how bad the security was. They pretty much just waltzed right in. The poor security guard who detained them was fired for being too nice to them (he didn't cuff them or sit there with a gun held on them until police arrived. He did detain them).

The judge seemed to have wanted to go easier on them, but they broke federal laws, ones falling under "terrorism". Overall, the former nun has been pleased with the attention (to the movement, not her) and has accecpted responsibility.

www.washingtonpost.com/sf/style/2013/04/29/the-prophets-of-oak-ridge/

Wow, ya know, I'm trying to do the best I can with technology. I think I did it right. This is the story I referred to in this thread Saturday night.

It's a really long read, but I thought it was a good one.