Menu

Easy Peasy Reviews?

faiths13

Hey, what a surprise that you're looking at Easy Peasy, lol! :) I'm currently using it for my 4yr old. It's the only program that has actually kept his attention and allows me to teach him at his level. He is currently in Getting Started 1. He knows all his letters and sounds already but he really enjoys the videos and songs so I am going through them along with the lessons where they start with the McGuffy Primer for reading. He's going on lesson 7 with the reading. He also needs help with learning to write so I do print the worksheets for writing practice. I think I'm also going to start using it for Music and the reading for my older 2. It's pretty advanced in the reading levels. It's definitely worth a try! I know I'm going to stick with it for my 4yr old for now though because nothing else has caught his attention as well as Easy Peasy and he's retaining everything which is a huge plus.

Hi! So cool to see you here! :hurray: haha! My ds finally pl'd!!! Woohoo!

OK, anyway - I am going to try it out with my 12 yr old on Monday. I am looking for something for him for the fall and I was seriously considering SL, but free is a bonus. I really wanted to do Apologia for science, so I am interested to see how the science and math goes. It looks really neat. I went through a day on my own just looking so I am excited to try it out. I am working on CLE K for my 5 year old, but maybe I should check out Easy Peasy and see what next year would look like for him. He's almost done with CLE K and its just super easy for him.

That's awesome that your DS finally PL'd!!

I had looked at Apologia but I think I'm going to wait till my boys are doing 2nd or 3rd grade and reading more proficiently. I think it will be over their heads at this point. I have looked at SL too. I'm thinking of doing MFW Adventures since it combines History, Bible and Science and continue with CLE Math 1 and CLE Learning to Read and CLE LA 1. I really like the CLE curriculum and it's a good fit with both of the boys.

Being that Easy Peasy is free, it's worth trying though and see if your son enjoys it and then take it from there.

I heard of EP when I first started hs and at the time it just seemed to simple to me . I guess that year I really felt the need for a formal curriculum. So, fastforward 2 years later and we love EP. I learned over time that hs can be fun and simple. We actually gave it a try when we got so bored with our curriculum. We just wanted something different that we didn't dread. So, we gave EP a try. My dc loved it . They actually begged to use it longer and more often. I really thought that some of the literature would be over their heads but they loved it. I can't believe it's free. We have never used it exclusively but have used it here and there along with our curriculum. The reason we don't use it more often is because my dc have to share a computer which they hate. So, next year I willl be purchasing another computer so we can enjoy EP more often.

That's awesome that your DS finally PL'd!!

I had looked at Apologia but I think I'm going to wait till my boys are doing 2nd or 3rd grade and reading more proficiently. I think it will be over their heads at this point. I have looked at SL too. I'm thinking of doing MFW Adventures since it combines History, Bible and Science and continue with CLE Math 1 and CLE Learning to Read and CLE LA 1. I really like the CLE curriculum and it's a good fit with both of the boys.

Being that Easy Peasy is free, it's worth trying though and see if your son enjoys it and then take it from there.

I have looked at MFW and I love how that and HOD put God and the Bible into everything. Im not sure MFW will be enough for my older ds though. I already got the preschool package for my 3 yr old and it is adorable! Im working on getting the next HOD package for my 5 yr old.

I just found this a few months ago. I'm taking it seriously now though. I've started using it with my very bouncy 4yr old boy. He enjoys it and is retaining it! Today I tested it out with my 2nd grader & 4th grader and they both enjoyed it too! I think we're picking it up for the summer and I'll be able to make up my mind about it by the end of the summer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We have been using if from January 2013.   We did take a break over the summer .  Just started back yesterday.  The thing I LOVE is my children are retaining what they are learning.  I have used MANY MANY different curriculum and LOVE Easy Peasy.  Don't let the word FREE scar you away :)

Susan Khan

We tried grade one English for my dd. She is entering second grade and reads at about a second grade starting the year level from what I am told. She found the reading too hard. Those were her words, but after talking to her, it was really that the story (jolly Robin) was too boring in her opinion. She did fine with the reading and only stumbled on a word or two per chapter. My son is going into first and could never read the reading for first grade.

I skipped over Jolly Robin and had her read some of the other assignments, and she liked those. She did the worksheets out loud and did fine.

So we will not be using it as our curriculum, but we will use pieces of it.

I will likely use some of the zoology program to go along with our study of the animal kingdom this fall. I checked it out and it looks nice.

The math doesn't seem enough for first or second, but I only skimmed over that. We are using Singapore.

So for us, using pieces will work out well, but as a whole, no.

We are using English 1... My 7&5 year olds just finished reading Jolly Robin. They didn't find it hard. I like that the reading is a little advanced.

My kids must have liked it because they are excited about reading the next book in the series.

I tried the science but didnt like it..it was all reading and answering questions. My kids love science for the experiments.

From a secular standpoint, I would not use it. It took a couple of clicks and some reading a bit far into the about page to finally read

This is a Christian curriculum. Not everything is overtly Christian, but I do point to the Bible from time to time in literature, science, history, etc. and seek to promote a biblical worldview. I also believe in a literal six day creation.

While not a big deal, as I looked more at grade 3 English, reading discussions that include bible verses and a weekly spelling list that is linked to http://gardenofpraise.com/bbspel.htm turned me off. Also, while the content is there, I find some of it to not be great quality, IMHO.