Menu

Help, please! Places to purchase GF bread/other items in Austin, TX

celticmom

Dd8 and dh are going to Austin, TX to visit dh's parents in about a week and while I plan to send some flours and mixes along it would be a good idea to know some good places to buy gluten free products. Dd's favorite brand of bread is Udi's bread. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the information! We don't have a Whole Foods in my area and the few times I have been in one predated dd's diagnosis but it makes sense that they would have GF products. The other grocery stores named are also unfamiliar so I will probably just check mapquest or something similiar to find out which is closest to MIL and FIL's house.

Our walmart has a small section of GF products and I have purchased bread there but dd is not fond of the brand they carry. An added wrinkle is that MIL is one of those people who is likely to accuse us of "depriving" dd by not feeding her foods that will cause a reaction(yes, she is one of those MILs). Hence I would prefer to be able to get dd's favorite brand.

Whole Foods would be your best bet, as in easist to find it in the store. Our HEB just started carrying gf bread in the frozen section next to the cool whip. I think it's Rudy's though. Our Walmart has a tiny section of gf stuff, but I don't know if they are one of the ones that has bread. All this just to say, anything but Whole Foods or Central Market will be a maybe!

Dd8 and dh are going to Austin, TX to visit dh's parents in about a week and while I plan to send some flours and mixes along it would be a good idea to know some good places to buy gluten free products. Dd's favorite brand of bread is Udi's bread. Thanks in advance.

HEB (a grocery store that is ALL over Austin) recently started marking Gluten Free stuff all over the store. It shouldn't be a problem at all.