Menu

How do I use EFTRU cards?

I bought these to use with my 13, 10 and 8 year olds. I purchased the pre-made cards because the 13 and 8 year olds are dyslexic. Do I just review a card each day? Will they retain the information by just doing this? Should I attempt to have them make their own cards? My 13 year old has dysgraphia so I don't know if it would be too much work to make his own cards.

I used the pre-made cards because to me they were clearer and easier to read. We used them mostly as flashcards, but the derivatives on the back are good prompts for thinking of others and of course checking in the dictionary to confirm.

I used the pre-made cards because to me they were clearer and easier to read. We used them mostly as flashcards, but the derivatives on the back are good prompts for thinking of others and of course checking in the dictionary to confirm.

Thank you.

While we had the book, no cards, I'm betting you could use them similarly to how we did (see my post #7 in this thread: English from the Roots Up, Vocabulary from Classical Roots, or Caesar's English? -- a number of great ideas and some additional resources in that thread, so you can "mix and match" ideas to come up with what works best for your family! :)

Also lots of "how to use" ideas in these threads (ignore my repeated blather of what we did in these):

How do you use English from the Roots Up

If you have English from the Roots Up

Also, for a schedule of how to use the EFTRU cards, see post #7 by TwinsAndOneMore in this thread: English from the Roots Up

Warmest regards, Lori D.

This site has awesome free worksheets to go along with them. We plan to use some of them this year! http://www.ttkreatio..._WordRoots.html

Blessings!

Dee in Sunny FL! :) :) :)

While we had the book, no cards, I'm betting you could use them similarly to how we did (see my post #7 in this thread: English from the Roots Up, Vocabulary from Classical Roots, or Caesar's English? -- a number of great ideas and some additional resources in that thread, so you can "mix and match" ideas to come up with what works best for your family! :)

Also lots of "how to use" ideas in these threads (ignore my repeated blather of what we did in these):

How do you use English from the Roots Up

If you have English from the Roots Up

Also, for a schedule of how to use the EFTRU cards, see post #7 by TwinsAndOneMore in this thread: English from the Roots Up

Warmest regards, Lori D.

Thanks!