Menu

I hate the arrival of the Memoria Press catalog...

SunnyDays

I used their 3rd and 5th grade lit packages this year. I really, really liked them. The only thing I think I will do differently is to only buy the TM's for the upper grades...the only reason that the older kids need the workbook is if you want them to do it on their own (and it really isn't designed for that) or if the student needs practice writing answers in complete sentences. My rising 6th grader doesn't need to practice that any more, so I am going to probably just order the TM's for next year. They work really well just as discussion guides, and they include the occasional writing assignment in case that sort of thing is needed. I like the student workbooks for the younger grades - at least until the student is really good at writing answers in complete sentences. The workbooks for the 3rd grade program included some drawing that my daughter really enjoyed. The review lessons included a story board that she could illustrate, and she has enjoyed drawing a map of New Dollar Street as we read The Moffats, adding houses and such as they appear in the story.

When my older daughter was in 3rd (I think) she did one lit guide from Moving Beyond the Page and she really enjoyed it, so I would recommend giving them a try as well.

Thank you! I was reading the other comments about the lit guides....like it, don't like it, love it, hate it.... :willy_nilly: So, I think I will do a mix of both MP and MBtP and decide for myself. :001_smile:

• 1 month later...
Guest lydiathekicker

First of all, I can't believe some of you just got yours yesterday or the day before. I must be on some quick mail list because they know I will order :) So the free shipping ends today. I got my order in yesterday.

And yep, I threw in an order of the K ones to check them out. I hope it has different paintings than the 2 Usborne art and artists books I have and the complete collection of What Your X Grader Needs to Know on my shelf has... but even if not, they are in those nice neat little cards, making it easier to put one up to study.....

I think they know my weaknesses.. new catalog, free shipping.... I never had a chance. So, how did the art cards end up working for you? I'm trying to decide between buying these cards and the Usborne cards. Which do you prefer? Thank you!

2_girls_mommy - Which art cards do you like better - MP or Usborne?

Now I'm off to look at Usborne Art Cards since I haven't seen these. The MP recitation cards sound good as well, especially at $3. I think I'm going to give them a quick call. :)

• 1 year later...