Menu

I don't understand...

It's a very interesting book. Yeah, she did some experimenting with her diabetic patients' diets...many of whom had heart disease. I guess their diets were high carb and low fat. She switched them to a low carb, low sugar, higher fat diet and watched all of their numbers improve - many of them were able to go off their meds simply by changing their diet this way.

I have a real carb weakness...but after reading this book I really feel like I need to cut back. It's definitely worth a read!

Thanks for the info! I was intrigued when I read your post yesterday, and we were heading to the library anyway, so I checked it out. I haven't had much time to read it yet, but it's hard to put down. Fascinating stuff.

I was completely addicted to carbs, and when I first tried cutting back on carbs about four years ago, I didn't know how I would be able to live without dessert. To my utter shock, I discovered that when I eat adequate amounts of fat, my cravings for sugar virtually disappear! That's not to say that I don't remember brownies and cheesecake fondly ;) just that I don't sit around dreaming of them any more! :D