Menu

Online college

I am a college instructor, and I am rather skeptical. I see when my students learn. They do not learn in lectures; they learn through interaction with other students and a qualified instructor, through problem solving, labs etc. Online courses can replicate this to a certain extent, in certain subject - but not substitute for all students the interaction with live people.

You may be interested in this article about faculty protesting online courses, specifically noting a similar view about the importance of interaction

http://chronicle.com/article/Why-Professors-at-San-Jose/138941/

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of the salaries is still not increasing (for anyone), but if one picks their COL area carefully, there are still promising places.

NACE says otherwise. Their salary survey for April 2013 states:

http://www.naceweb.o...ive-summary.pdf

The college Class of 2013 commands an overall starting salary of $44,928—up 5.3 percent over the average

starting salary their class of 2012 counterparts realized ($42,666).

Starting salaries rose across the board, from just under 2 percent to nearly 10 percent.

"Before the session, he persuaded all 28 state colleges to come up with four-year bachelor's programs costing $10,000 or less in tuition, emphasizing skills sought by employers."

Will be tuition be total or per year?

"Before the session, he persuaded all 28 state colleges to come up with four-year bachelor's programs costing $10,000 or less in tuition, emphasizing skills sought by employers."

Will be tuition be total or per year?

It's total.