Menu

Favorite educational Ipad Apps for lower elementary level?

avazquez24

Would love to hear everyone's favorite Ipad apps (educational) for lower elementary age......ds is in kinder and dd in 1st, but of course we're almost done with the school year, so I'll soon have a 1st and 2nd grader :)

The kids (esp ds) love to use the Ipad, so thought I would look for some educational apps we can use during the school day sometimes (mainly for one to use while I'm working with the other kiddo).

My 7 year old spends a lot of time with the Audubon Guide Book apps. We have insects/spiders, mammals, birds, butterflies, wildflowers and reptiles. Until April 29, most of the apps that are usually $5 are on sale for a dollar.

Other apps we use:

- Splash Math

- Mathmateer

- Number Pieces

- Base 10 Blocks

- Pinturas

- Paint Sparkes

- Art Studio

- BrainPop (one free video a day without subscription)

- BrainPop Jr. (one free video a week without subscription)

- Teach Me 1st Grade

- Word Bingo / Math Bingo

- Tic Tac Toe

- Tangrams

- Rush Hour

- PBS Kids

- Starwalk

- iBird

- Mango for languages (our library offers it)

- Stack the Countries

- Stack the States

- Cat Physics

- Unblock Me

- Puzzle Art

We also load it with "school music" (math songs, Bible memory songs, science song, parts of speech jingles) and lots of audiobooks.

My 7 year old spends a lot of time with the Audubon Guide Book apps. We have insects/spiders, mammals, birds, butterflies, wildflowers and reptiles. Until April 29, most of the apps that are usually $5 are on sale for a dollar.

Oh my goodness, thank you for mentioning this. I've been eying these forever, but I've never pulled the trigger because to get them all would be too expensive. This is perfect!