Menu

Has Aubrey been seen today?

She posted this morning that her laptop was fried. I believe she was using her husband's one to post.

LOL--dh doesn't *have* a laptop. That's why he keeps stealing mine.

But I didn't do anything this morning except bum around here. Then when the heat hit & dh got home, I went out. Oy. One might rather face the heat than the public!

I can't even imagine how hot it must be in your apt. We have a decent, though older, AC and two window units. With fans going and limited lights/blinds open, it still has to work to keep it under 82 by the middle of the day! Can you get a small window or freestanding unit to run in your bedroom at least...and everybody hang out in there?

I feel for ya!

Jami

Can you get to San Diego, I have a nice area with your own bath and room and air. Oh yeah, dining room and family room. Noone uses it.

Not much of a doula, but I know how to say push.

Jet

Oooh, can I come too? I can be the doula! Don't know much about it, but would LOVE to do that. And I know how much Aubrey likes an audience for that kind of thing.:lol:

Are you kiddin', you have no air, when will they be back. Give me their nbr, I will say I am your sister. Actually they have a lot of WTM sisters to get through.

They better be scared.

Jet

Business hours. M-F, 8-5. Our a/c situation is *very* important to them. During those hrs.

Oooh, can I come too? I can be the doula! Don't know much about it, but would LOVE to do that. And I know how much Aubrey likes an audience for that kind of thing.:lol:

I. am. so. glad. I wasn't drinking anything. My keyboard would be completely shot.

Jet--I'm pretty low-maintenance in labor. Nobody's ever told me when to push. Privacy is my one request. But you should see me if I think that's been violated. :w00t: My mw had an apprentice one time--the first time anyone other than the mw made it in time for one of my births--she just walked in. Which would have been fine, except that I thought it was my dad. I was in the middle of pushing, & I screamed at that poor girl in such a way that I could *see* her face turn white.

What's even weirder is, I stopped pushing to call her back in & apologize. :D And even explain. :001_huh: And the birth was 19min, from 2 cm to pushing to baby. :lol:

So they will be there at 8 Monday morn.

Jet

They'd better not be. 9 will be fine, though.

After they left the other day, I laid the baby down for her nap & went to take a shower. One of them came back, rang the doorbell 3 times, & came in. Dc were eating a snack at the table & totally freaked out. Told the guy to leave.

HE SAID IT WOULD BE OKAY, HE JUST NEEDED TO TAKE A MEASUREMENT.

So I get out of the shower, know nothing of this, & find the dc in baby's bedroom playing. Luckily I asked why before I blew up at them. He'd woken baby, so they were entertaining her until I got out.

I'd locked the door, but next time, it's the deadbolt. Kwim? :angry: And yeah, if you're wondering, someone's going to hear about this.

I'd come help but it looks like it's covered. I'd carry the baby to you after it's born! Ummm, or something! :)

Actually, I think it should be a rule that when women are close to their due date that they have a sticky that they update each day so we all know the progress! Doncha think that's a good idea? That way we look right at the top and see that you are NOT in labor yet, then go on our merry ways without worrying! :D

Just checking in. No baby. No contractions. No signs of anything. Whatsoever.

Dh seems to be hoping it will be today. Turns out he's a little chicken to preach that sermon, lol.

But nothing. I mean...the changes & *stuff* you typically notice a week or so before? Nada.

Oh, my dear, if you have bring a new baby home to that steaming apartment...I have no words. I just hope they get the air fixed ASAP.

But nothing. I mean...the changes & *stuff* you typically notice a week or so before? Nada.

FWIW, I didn't have any changes or "stuff" at all my first time, and only had "stuff" (no noticeable changes) the day before I went into actual labor the second. So you never know! :lol:

FWIW, I didn't have any changes or "stuff" at all my first time, and only had "stuff" (no noticeable changes) the day before I went into actual labor the second. So you never know! :lol:
Yeah, the only "change" I noticed before my first was that 3 weeks before he was due, I asked my dh if he had the carseat set up in his car. He said, "Not yet." I said, "Can you go put it in?" "But we have 3 weeks until the baby's coming....and it might be late!" "But I want to make sure it's all ready...just in case!" (This was in May, baby was due in June) "But, Honey, this is a JUNE baby!" "Please? I just really need to know that it's ready!" He noticed the steely glare coming on and said, "Okay, I'll go get it set up." Next morning at 4:30am my water broke. We called in about 7:30am, and they said to come in and get checked. As we're driving there, dh is mumbling, "This is a June baby. We're going to be heading home in an hour, you know, cuz the baby is not coming yet, it's just too early!" When we got there, I was starting to dilate, and the nurse said we needed to stay because I was definitely in labor! My dh just could NOT wrap his mind around the fact that it was actually happening that day! He's a quiet person, so I was surprised when he looked at her and said, "No! We're s'posed to go home now. This is a JUNE baby!" She glanced at me, then we both laughed! "Not anymore! This baby is coming today" she said, patted him on the shoulder, and left. So there it was. I felt anxious for the carseat to be in, and I had the baby the next day! :001_smile: DH finally believed it when he was holding the baby!:lol:

Yeah, the only "change" I noticed before my first was that 3 weeks before he was due, I asked my dh if he had the carseat set up in his car. He said, "Not yet." I said, "Can you go put it in?" "But we have 3 weeks until the baby's coming....and it might be late!" "But I want to make sure it's all ready...just in case!" (This was in May, baby was due in June) "But, Honey, this is a JUNE baby!" "Please? I just really need to know that it's ready!" He noticed the steely glare coming on and said, "Okay, I'll go get it set up." Next morning at 4:30am my water broke. We called in about 7:30am, and they said to come in and get checked. As we're driving there, dh is mumbling, "This is a June baby. We're going to be heading home in an hour, you know, cuz the baby is not coming yet, it's just too early!" When we got there, I was starting to dilate, and the nurse said we needed to stay because I was definitely in labor! My dh just could NOT wrap his mind around the fact that it was actually happening that day! He's a quiet person, so I was surprised when he looked at her and said, "No! We're s'posed to go home now. This is a JUNE baby!" She glanced at me, then we both laughed! "Not anymore! This baby is coming today" she said, patted him on the shoulder, and left. So there it was. I felt anxious for the carseat to be in, and I had the baby the next day! :001_smile: DH finally believed it when he was holding the baby!:lol:

:lol::lol: There's a reason you do not argue with a determined pregnant woman. The gestator always takes precedence in a debate! :lol:

Oh, my dear, if you have bring a new baby home to that steaming apartment...I have no words. I just hope they get the air fixed ASAP.

Well...we're *having* the baby in the "steaming apt." LOL

And I didn't have any changes w/ #1, either. I did know the day before...somehow. But w/ #2 & #3, there were...indications...a week before.

So who knows. I'm going to go support dh for his 1st sermon. Or interrupt him. ;) :lol:

Well...we're *having* the baby in the "steaming apt." LOL

Ugh, I was afraid of that. I can't even imagine. I get mean and snappy when the temp in here hits 79. I think the complex would have to clear out if I was laboring at home in the Texas heat--I'd probably come off a bit like the Incredible Hulk! I'm thinking good, good thoughts for you :grouphug:

Ugh, I was afraid of that. I can't even imagine. I get mean and snappy when the temp in here hits 79. I think the complex would have to clear out if I was laboring at home in the Texas heat--I'd probably come off a bit like the Incredible Hulk! I'm thinking good, good thoughts for you :grouphug:

It's going to be ok. You see, everything seems *ridiculously* funny to me lately. Sure, there are exceptions. I completely wilted when those girls were so rude at the bookstore the other night. And I have moments of psycho-woman in the heat. But over all, & esp in emergencies or very-important-speaking-engagements, I'm good.

Really, really got to go now. See y'all later.

:grouphug: I'm sending cool and peaceful prayers your way.:grouphug:

Checking in. No baby. I'm entering more books into Library Thing, though, so I just thought I'd let y'all know I'm around. And still round. Heh heh. Apparently feeling pretty corny this AM. :D