Menu

TOG users - just DE or DE + Print options x-post

I'm considering using TOG Year 3 next year and am debating whether or not to order the print version along with the DE. I think they're updating the years right now, so figured the DE would be the best option to catch all of the updates... but not sure if I *need* the print version or not.

And, if I do opt for the DE, do you buy the SAP-packs or just print them off yourself (same question for the Map Aids)? I have 3 kids to print/purchase for.

I "get" the TOG system and think we can implement it without much of the fog I've heard about... but making my mind up about which option to ORDER is a whole other story! Oy!

I like color, so I chose print initially. As I'm going through the years again, I am upgrading to DE - mostly because they do keep improving their product, and secondly, their online classes require it. I don't buy the SAP packs because I figure I can do it for much less.

Beth

I am a couch-schooler who spends most of the school day with my laptop close at hand, so for me the DE is ideal. I do order the SAP packs because my kids like color and color ink isn't cheap, but I print the maps and evaluations. Everything else I read straight from the DE on my computer.

I don't know if you *need* the print version, but you may like having the print version. I have both but I'm a paper kind of gal. I like leafing through pages and I don't like reading pages of information off the computer. So I would say it depends on your style and how you like to work.

I've never purchased the SAP packs. I don't always assign all the questions and we haven't done the "Fine Arts" section or the "Church History" section the last couple of years so I reformat the pages to fit what I'm covering and print those.

I don't know if you *need* the print version, but you may like having the print version. I have both but I'm a paper kind of gal. I like leafing through pages and I don't like reading pages of information off the computer. So I would say it depends on your style and how you like to work.

I've never purchased the SAP packs. I don't always assign all the questions and we haven't done the "Fine Arts" section or the "Church History" section the last couple of years so I reformat the pages to fit what I'm covering and print those.

:iagree: I like having both. I just need to read what is going on from paper and not a screen. I mostly use a desktop computer, though, so that is part of my reason. If I were using a laptop I might feel differently.

I would love to know how to "reformat the pages." Do share... :bigear:

I would love to know how to "reformat the pages." Do share... :bigear:

If you open just the SAPs using the "Workbook Content" link, you can highlight and copy any of the information listed on the pages.

I created a border that looks similar to what they provide, then copy and paste the questions over to it. I can change the font at that point if I want, alter the way the question is worded, add space between the questions so that they can be answered right on the printed SAP, etc. I have not perfected getting the geography to transfer over in the table format, so I usually have to play around with it a little bit.

It's not necessarily a time-saver but I like my sheets to look a certain way. :)

HTH.