Menu

Prayers please...

Trez

I feel a little bad for asking as I am mostly a lurker on the boards but if anyone could spare a prayer I would appreciate it. My husband was laid-off 2 weeks ago and the hope we had of him being hired on with a friend's company seems to have disappeared. We are both feeling very sad about this at the moment. I do believe in the power of prayer and just want to add some more voices to my own.

Thank you all...it is great and heart-warming to have this response. It has been a bad new year here with very sick parents and now this news. My husband hasn't been without a job in 20 years. With 3 kids and 1 applying to universities next year, things are very stressful. I'm sure I'm not the only one going through these types of problems so thank you so much for the thoughts/prayers.

Praying for you. My hubby was laid off in the beginning of March. He was able to find a job fairly quickly and has been at his new job for 2 weeks. I hope your husband is able to find something quickly as well. One thing I have learned over the past few years is that God does work through these things to bring us to a place that is better than what we thought we wanted. My husband is now employed in a place that has weekly devotionals and serves a great purpose. My prayer while he was unemployed was that God would put us somewhere we could best serve Him. I thought my prayer was about where we will end up moving, but He put my husband in a job where he is actively helping people do Jesus' work here on earth. I pray that you will have peace and security as you make this transition.