Menu

First World Problem: I got a new library card number. I had the old one for probably 15 years!!!

unsinkable

You memorize your card number?

I am impressed!

I think I spent too much time with Sherlock Holmes as a teen; I have this "clutter in the warehouse of the mind" thing going with numbers. My SS#, parents phone, DH's cell, and our home phone are about it for me. I can't even remember my own cell number!

You memorize your card number?

I am impressed!

I think I spent too much time with Sherlock Holmes as a teen; I have this "clutter in the warehouse of the mind" thing going with numbers. My SS#, parents phone, DH's cell, and our home phone are about it for me. I can't even remember my own cell number!

I can remember my first phone number...when I was three.

I also have my kids' library cards numbers memorized.

It just makes it easier to order books and renew them.

Since we have moved 16 times in 26 years with the military, I can't imagine living somewhere long enough to need to memorize my library card.

I just keep a file on my computer desktop with my library card number so I can easily copy/paste it when I want to open my online account.

I can remember my first phone number...when I was three.

I also have my kids' library cards numbers memorized.

It just makes it easier to order books and renew them.

That is a very impressive talent!

Don't read this part then:

The library lady CUT MY OLD CARD UP! AND THREW IT AWAY!

Did you cry?

I don't memorize numbers but half my children have their library cards memorized. I have everyone's numbers written down in my purse.That way when a child has a book on hold to pick up and isn't there, then I can get it for him. Of course the librarians let us do that because we are such regular customers! ;)

My card cracked a few years ago and they offered me a new one. I was like :scared: No way! I've already got the number memorized. So they taped it up for me. Sometimes they have to type in the number because the scanner won't read it but I dread having to get another card (whenever that day comes) because it will take me a couple years to memorize the new number. I plan to keep my card for as long as I can. Thank goodness the librarians are really nice about it. :thumbup1:

I had the same card from age 5 until 25 or so, with my first name in cursive on the signature line on the back because I couldn't write my last name yet. I finally switched counties and was forced to get a new card and a new number. I did save my old yellow Ramsey County card though.