Menu

Why am I not allowed to upload pictures/files?

ereks mom

Maybe someone can explain why it says this next to the Attach Files paper clip at the bottom of my posts:

You can upload up to Uploading is not allowed of files (Max. single file size: 32MB)

Why would uploading not be allowed? Are we permitted only a certain amount? Maybe I used it all up last summer when I uploaded pictures of my schoolroom? I tried earlier today to post a picture I took and saved to my computer, but it wouldn't upload. It was approximately 4MB, if that matters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Answers coming first thing next week! Hold the phone...

I'm glad to know that someone is finally responding! Now I have another question: Why is it that I am no longer able to use the toolbar at the top of the text box whenever I post? EVERYTHING in the toolbar is grayed out. I can't add smilies or change the font or post a link--NOTHING.

EVERYTHING in the toolbar is grayed out. I can't add smilies or change the font or post a link--NOTHING.

Click the little switch above the B for bold to enable the editing controls.

John, can you please, please, please make that a sticky? I swear I've posted the solution dozens of times. :)

All pictures you have ever posted on the boards even in old format were moved over to this one.  You are limited in how many you can have.  I used to get that message and then I figured out how to manage my attachments (which included pictures I had posted in 2008-2009 etc) I deleted all the old pics and now have the storage space to post more.  Let me see if I can remember what I clicked to find that file and I will post it here for you all to fix yours.

ETA: Okay click on "My settings" and then "Manage attachments"  You will have pages and pages of photos you have uploaded over the years.  Delete those, and your attachment box will be empty and you will be able to post photos again.

This is very interesting. Sometime between when i posted my first post in this thread and now, the board has disabled .gifs linked from imgur.

Huh? It's still there.

what the heck, first RoyRogers, then --- and now you with morse code. Will people stop changing their usernames lol it is getting confusing to remember who I am talking to :lol:

It's not permanent. And it does spell "nmoira." :D

John, was embedding YouTube videos in mobile view disabled? It's a real pain having to use desktop view on a smartphone for this.

As for the pictures, the WTM boards don't owe us hosting space. There are tons of free image hosting sites including Flickr which provides an insane amount of free storage and is easy to use.

John, was embedding YouTube videos in mobile view disabled? It's a real pain having to use desktop view on a smartphone for this.

As for the pictures, the WTM boards don't owe us hosting space. There are tons of free image hosting sites including Flickr which provides an insane amount of free storage and is easy to use.

So how do I do that?  Open a Flickr account and then post a link?  If so, that's easy enough.  (I think! :p)

So how do I do that? Open a Flickr account and then post a link? If so, that's easy enough. (I think! :p)

Yup. :) Flickr will even provide you with sizing options the BB code so you don't have to futz around with the controls here to get it properly embedded.