Menu

Input on MFW lesson plans for Saxon Alg.1?

Has anyone used the daily lesson plans from MFW for Saxon Alg.1? I know they don't schedule all of the problems in the lessons.....just the most important ones to complete. I know Art Reed says to do them ALL!! Can anyone talk me out of or into buying/not buying MFW's Daily Lesson Plans. I think they are about $15? I didn't think I was going to go with Saxon for Alg. but dd says she wants to stick with it along with Art Reed. I thought these lesson plans might help? (She'll also be using Alcumus and Khan Academy and LOF)........Thanks everyone! Here is the link to MFW.....

We tried it one year with the MFW schedule, only doing the problems they recommended and it was a disaster. My two who were using the schedules immediately started failing tests (well, getting less than 80% which in our family in Saxon math requires backing up and repeating). We didn't stick with it more than a month and went back to the good old-fashioned way of doing all the problems in every set and everyone was successful again on the tests.

Just our experience . . .